The Global Biofortification Market is estimated to be USD 95.7 Bn in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 175.15 Bn by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 12. 85%.
The rise in demand for nutritive food and increasing investments in Agrigenomics, the strong innovations in the agricultural sector, rising implementation of biofortification in crops are some of the major factors driving the market demand. In addition, the evolving developments in technologies coupled with increasing investments in agricultural expansions have a favorable impression on the global biofortification market. However, the lack of awareness regarding the benefits of biofortified crops is hampering market growth.
Furthermore, various countries such as France, Germany, Austria, Greece, Hungary, the Netherlands, Trinity, Santa Cruz, Sonoma, Luxembourg have banned genetically modified crops that are anticipated to hinder the market during the forecast period.
However, the autonomous environment for biofortification and the robust market likely in emerging countries will help generate new opportunities for the biofortification market.
The Global Biofortification Market is segmented further based on Targeted Crop, Technique, Targeted Nutrient, and Geography.
By Targeted Crop, the market is classified into cereals and grains, fruits and vegetables, legumes and pulses, oilseeds, and others. Amongst all, the cereals and grains segment is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
By Technique, the market is classified as transgenic, conventional plant breeding, and agronomy. Amongst the two, the transgenic segment is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
By Targeted Nutrient, the market is classified as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and others. Amongst all, the vitamins segment is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
By Geography, North America is projected to lead the market.
1. The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) and HarvestPlus launched the Commercialisation of Biofortified Crops (CBC) Programme in Nigeria to significantly increase access to biofortified seeds, grains, and foods via commercial channels in Africa’s most populous country. - 1st February 2021
Some of the companies covered in this report are AgBioForum, Agro Biosciences Inc, ArborGen Inc, Arcadia, BASF SE, Bayer AG, etc.
The report includes Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Biofortification Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 forces model and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst’s positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
What is the estimated value of the Global Biofortification Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Biofortification Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Biofortification Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Biofortification Market?
|No. of Pages||178|
|Forecast Period||2021 - 2026|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD
||USD 95700 Million|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD
||USD 175150 Million|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||12.8%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||23|
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.3.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.3.2 Top-Down Approach
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3.2 Market Size and Segmentation
3.3 Market Outlook
4.1.1 Need for High Nutritious Content Foods
4.1.2 Government Schemes in Agrigenomics
4.2.1 Limited Knowledge Regarding Biofortified Crops
4.2.2 Restrictions Imposed on the Production of Genetically Modified Crops
4.3.1 Market Opportunities in Developing Countries
4.3.2 R&D for Technological Advancement
4.3.3 Unregulated Environment for Biofortification
4.4.1 Unfavorable Climatic Condition
4.4.2 Large and Scarce Competition Among the Players
5.2 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6.2 Cereals and Grains
6.3 Fruits and Vegetables
6.4 Legumes and Pulses
7.3 Conventional Plant Breeding
8.4 Amino Acids
9.2 North America
9.3 South America
9.4.9 Rest of Europe
9.5.6 South Korea
9.5.8 Sri Lanka
9.5.10 Rest of APAC
9.6 Middle-East and Africa
9.6.2 Saudi Arabia
9.6.3 South Africa
9.6.4 United Arab Emirates
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Strategic Initiatives
10.3.1 M&A and Investments
10.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
10.3.3 Product Developments and Improvements
11.2 Arcadia Biosciences
11.3 BASF SE
11.4 Bayer AG
11.5 BioAnalyt GmbH
11.6 Charles River Laboratories, Inc.
11.7 Church & Dwight Co.
11.8 Corteva, Inc
11.9 DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
11.10 Evogene Ltd
11.12 INTERMAG sp. z o.o.
11.13 Intertek Group plc
11.14 Intrexon Corporation
11.15 KSG India
11.16 LemnaTec GmbH
11.17 Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Co.
11.18 MAURO Seed Co.
11.19 Nestlé S.A
11.20 Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc
11.21 Schlegel und Partner GmbH
11.22 Syngenta AG
11.23 The Monsanto Company
- ArborGen Inc
- Arcadia Biosciences
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- BioAnalyt GmbH
- Charles River Laboratories, Inc.
- Church & Dwight Co.
- Corteva, Inc
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Evogene Ltd
- INTERMAG sp. z o.o.
- Intertek Group plc
- Intrexon Corporation
- KSG India
- LemnaTec GmbH
- Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Co.
- MAURO Seed Co.
- Nestlé S.A
- Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc
- Schlegel und Partner GmbH
- Syngenta AG
- The Monsanto Company