1h Free Analyst TimeDespite the existence of a broadly accepted regime of international agreements for preventing the development, stockpiling, proliferation and use of certain CBRNE weapons, terrorist groups and some states are keen on having these weapons and substances and increasing their stockpiles. CBRNE threats still pose severe challenges to military operations and homeland security due to their disruptive, destructive, and potentially devastating effects. Moreover, expanding urbanization and global industrialization create broader risks and threats, such as the accidental release of toxic industrial materials and nuclear leaks or their deliberate misuse. Therefore, defense and security forces take these threats into consideration continuous and seek innovative and robust passive defense and mitigation measures with companies to enable the troops to continue effective military operations in a CBRN environment and protect civilian life and infrastructures.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The Covid-19 Pandemic illustrated how the world is vulnerable and unprepared for potential CBRNE threats. In the wake of the Covid 19 experience, demand for counter CBRNE research investments and procurements are expected to grow. In order to increase reaction time against the threats and mitigate their adverse effects, breakthrough technologies such as AI, internet of things (IoT), advanced materials, nanotechnology and remote sensing will be leveraged in novel CBRNE solutions.
This report focuses on CBRNE Defense, which can be split into seven segments - Detection and identification, protection, decontamination, disposal, software, simulation and training, and consultancy and system design.
- Because the detection and identification of CBRNE threats is an expensive, meticulous, dangerous and painful endeavour for CBRNE protection forces, countries seek novel solutions.
- The prevalence of terrorism worldwide increases the risk that terrorist strategies will evolve from traditional methods such as suicide attacks to biological, chemical, radioactive and nuclear attacks, which are potentially much more dangerous.
- The CBRNE defense market is mainly driven by potential terrorist attack threats and hostile neighboring countries in the Asia Pacific and Middle Eastern regions.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine potential investment companies based on trend analysis and market projections.
- Gaining an understanding of the market surrounding the CBRNE Defense theme.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEO’s, CTO's and other senior executives of companies understand key themes and the competitive environment.
- Investors: Helps fund managers and other major investors focus on investment opportunities in Defense and understand the market around various themes.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Thematic briefing
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Further reading
- Our thematic research methodology
- Contact Us
List of Tables
- Technology trends
- Defense and security trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- CBRNE companies' services
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Leaders in CBRNE Defense
- Challengers in CBRNE Defense
- Further reading
List of Figures
- Who are the leading players in the CBRNE defense theme and where do they sit in the value chain?
- CBRNE agents and materials can pose lethal or non-lethal risks and threats to humans and animals
- The global CBRN defense market is estimated to value US$12.5 billion in 2021.
- CBRN detection and protection account for 62% of the market during the forecast period
- The CBRNE value chain
- Detection and identification: leaders and challengers
- Protection: leaders and challengers
- Main decontamination types are listed below.
- Decontamination: leaders and challengers
- Disposal: leaders and challengers
- Softwarel: leaders and challengers
- Simulation and training: leaders and challengers
- Consultancy and system design: leaders and challengers
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- AirBoss Defense Group
- Argon Electronics
- Avon Rubber
- Federal Resources
- FLIR Systems
- HDT Global
- Kärcher Futuretech
- Smiths Detection
- Thermo Scientific