1h Free Analyst TimeSince Mercedes-Benz offered the first car sunroof in 1932, the ways in which automakers have sought to let the sunshine into the cabin have become increasingly complex. Solid roof modules without additional integrated features seem to have a cost disadvantage versus simple sheet-metal roof-skin structures.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
A trend towards roof modules with integrated opening systems (multi-panel) can be seen particularly because the modular technology supports the trend towards top-loading assembly processes on the car manufacturer’s assembly line. This provides the potential for utilisation of various roof options on one body interface.
Meanwhile, the expanding convertible segment is crossing all vehicle segments. It is no longer a preserve of the luxury class. Roof makers say that growing consumer acceptance as well as all-weather convertible top concepts such as retractable hardtops will contribute to the market’s expansion. While electrically operated convertible roof systems are industry standard for luxury vehicles, roof makers are continuously working toward developing smaller, lighter and cheaper systems.
As the carmakers are currently redefining themselves, future growth is expected. OEMs will keep using convertible technologies to distinguish themselves and draw customers into showrooms
The report “Automotive Roof Systems - Global Sector Overview and Forecast to 2036 (Q2 2021 Update)” provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE Roof Systems sector including market trends, shares and forecasts as well as a technical round-up of various technologies and brief company profiles. Report’s manufacturer market share estimates for OE Sunroofs cover Global, Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific and forecasts cover conventional-sized Sunroofs, Large Sunroofs, Retractable Hard-Tops and Retractable Soft-Tops fitted to newly-assembled passenger cars and light vehicles across 14 markets.
*The top 14 markets accounting for over 98% of global light vehicle production include - North America (US, Canada and Mexico) ; Mercosur (Brazil and Argentina); Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Finland and Morocco) ; Central Europe (Turkey, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia); Russia; Japan; China; India; Korea; Thailand; Other Asia; Iran; South Africa; Australia.
Based on exclusive interviews, primary research and proprietary data this global market study includes:
- Automotive OE roof systems (Large Roof Systems, Retractable Hard Tops, Retractable Soft Tops, Conventional Sunroofs) fitment and market size data for the top 14* car roof markets.
- A review of the latest technological developments and market trends (including Car Rooves, Large Roof Systems, Retractable Hard Tops, Retractable Soft Tops, Conventional Sunroofs, Optional Roofs, Panorama Roofs, Polycarbonate, Solar Roofs, Bonding Systems).
- Regional supplier market share data tables and commentary.
- Exclusive interviews with OE suppliers including Valmet Automotive, Magna Steyr, Inteva.
- Updated profiles of the major automotive roof system suppliers including their strategies and prospects.
- Sector PESTER (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and Regulatory) analysis.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a quick overview of the Automotive Roof Systems sector globally.
- Understand the size and scope of the world's markets.
- Hear direct from leading companies on their strategies and plans.
- Review the latest and most significant technological developments.
- Know the key trends within the sector and what's driving them.
- Spot opportunities and threats in this sector.
- Establish key companies' latest activities and prospects.
- Prepare supply and demand forecasts.
- Produce internal sales plans and forecasts.
- Carry out competitive intelligence.
Table of Contents1. Main Trends in the Sector
2. PESTER Analysis
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- American Specialty Cars
- Beijing Hainachuan Automotive Parts Co
- Inteva Products, LLC
- Magna International Inc
- Valmet Automotive
- Webasto AG
- Conventional-sized sunroofs
- Convertible roofs
- Large sunroofs
- Emerging markets
- Market shares
- Retractable hard-top roofs
- Retractable soft-top roofs
- Solar roofs
- Ferrari Superamerica
- Nissan 370Z Roadster
- Solar roofs from Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide
9. What is this Report About?
10. Contact the Publisher
List of TablesTable 1: Main trends in the Roof systems sector
Table 2: Market fitment/penetration rates of conventional-sized sunroofs fitted to newly-assembled light vehicles, 2016-2036, (%)
Table 3: Market volumes of conventional-sized sunroofs fitted to newly-assembled light vehicles, 2016-2036, ('000s units)
Table 4: Market fitment/penetration rates of retractable hard top roofs fitted to newly-assembled light vehicles, 2016-2036, (%)
Table 5: Market volumes of retractable hard top roofs fitted to newly-assembled light vehicles, 2016-2036, ('000s units)
Table 6: Market fitment/penetration rates of retractable soft top roofs fitted to newly-assembled light vehicles, 2016-2036, (%)
Table 7: Market volumes of retractable soft top roofs fitted to newly-assembled light vehicles, 2016-2036, ('000s units)
Table 8: Market fitment/penetration rates of large sunroofs fitted to newly-assembled light vehicles, 2016-2036, (%)
Table 9: Market volumes of large sunroofs fitted to newly-assembled light vehicles, 2016-2036, ('000s units)
Table 10: Global manufacturer market shares of sunroofs for passenger cars and light vehicles, 2010-2020, % of volume
Table 11: Asia-Pacific manufacturer market shares of sunroofs for passenger cars and light vehicles, 2010-2020, % of volume
Table 12: European manufacturer market shares of sunroofs for passenger cars and light vehicles, 2010-2020, % of volume
Table 13: North American manufacturer market shares of sunroofs for passenger cars and light vehicles, 2010-2020, % of volume
List of FiguresFigure 1: Mercedes E Class E200
Figure 2: Polycarbonate roof
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- General Motors
- Aisin Seiki
- Dow Automotive Systems
- Webasto AG
- Beijing Hainachuan Automotive Parts
- Inteva Products, LLC
- Magna International Inc.
- Valmet Automotive Inc.
- Pininfarina S.p.A.