Urban Transport and Land Use Planning: A Synthesis of Global Knowledge, Volume Nine in the Advances in Transport Policy and Planning series assesses practices and policies from around the world. Chapters in this updated release include TOD and travel behavior research: A bibliographical review, Mass transit investments and land use in Latin America: A review of recent developments and research findings, TODness and its impacts on TOD performance, Corridor and networked TODs: Concept and planning support tools, Rail-centered accessibility: Concept, policy, and practice, Smart growth and travel behavior: A synthesis, Advances in integrated land use transport modeling, and much more.
Other sections cover Residential self-selection in the relationship between the built environment and travel behavior: a literature review and research agenda, Threshold and synergistic effects in land use-travel research, Parking requirements: How land use policy acts as transport policy, The shifting coalition for transportation/land-use policy reform, and Compact urban development in Norway: Spatial changes and underlying policies.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents1. Global synthesis of transport and land use planning
Xinyu Jason Cao, Chuan Ding, and Jiawen Yang
2. Smart growth and travel behavior-A synthesis with a focus on the United States
3. Sustainable transit and land use in Latin America and the Caribbean: A review of recent developments and research findings
C. Erik Vergel-Tovar
4. Residential self-selection in the relationship between the built environment and travel behavior: A literature review and research agenda
Bert van Wee and Xinyu Jason Cao
5. Compact urban development in Norway: Spatial changes, underlying policies and travel impacts
6. The shifting coalition for land-use and transport policy reform in the United States
7. Linking off-street parking to local transport and resilience policies
David A. King
8. Pathway toward integrated transportation-land use planning in China
Jiawen Yang and Yuling Yang
9. Advances in integrated land use transport modeling
Ming Zhong, John Douglas Hunt, John Edward Abraham, Wanle Wang, Yiming Zhang, and Rui Wang
10. Transit oriented development: A bibliometric analysis of research
Farjana Shatu, Laura Aston, Lipi Bhavesh Patel, and Md. Kamruzzaman
11. Corridor transit oriented development: Concept, practice, and research needs
12. Big and/or open data and transit-served area research