Network-as-a-Service or NaaS is a cloud service model. In this model, customers rent networking services from cloud providers. NaaS enabled users to operate their networks without maintaining their networking infrastructure. The increasing adoption of cloud services among enterprises as well as augmentation in a software-defined network (SDN) are expected to be the driving factors for market growth. Furthermore, the growing demand for NFV and SDN-based cloud-native solutions to replace the traditional networking model provides lucrative opportunities for market growth. However, privacy and data security concerns are expected to hinder market growth. Also, the NaaS vendor’s infrastructure is sometimes incompatible with legacy systems, such as the on-premise-based applications and older hardware, among others.
Increasing adoption of cloud services among enterprises
The adoption of cloud-based services is rapidly increasing amongst small & medium as well as large enterprises. This is because these services are more cost-effective as compared to maintaining a costly IT resource as well as an on-premises data center for managing the organizations’ complete network. Such needs are increasing the adoption of the virtual resource-sharing environment provided by the NaaS components, which can convert the physical networking elements into virtual resources, which can be shared and made use of the enterprises for data center connectivity requirements. This boosts the market growth.
Augmentation in a software-defined network (SDN)
Software-defined networking assists in managing the network services using lower-level functionality abstraction. It is a major development in the network architecture that has paved way for unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) applications. The augmentation of SDN has transformed the management system and network infrastructure. It has simplified network management by replacing the hardware with software solutions. It also separates the control and data plane, hence making the networks programmable as well as software-driven. All these factors help in improving the NaaS model, hence contributing to the market growth.
The global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) market is segmented the product.
- Infrastructure Services
- Technology Services
- Wide Area Network Services
- Local Area Network Services
- Wireless as a Service (WaaS)
- Enhanced Mobile Services
- Voice as a Service (VaaS)
- Security as a Service (SaaS)
By Service Model,
- Bandwidth on demand
- Cloud-based services
- Integrated Network Security as a Service
- Virtual Private Network
- Wide-area network
By Enterprise Size,
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprises
By End-User Industry,
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Government & Public Sector
- IT & Telecommunication
- Retail & E-commerce
Based on region, the global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) market is divided into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa, and South America.
The North American region held the largest market share of around 40% in the global market owing to the growing penetration of advanced IT infrastructure, cloud computing, and high concentration of the network virtualization solution vendors in the region, especially in the U.S.
The European market is expected to hold the second-largest market share owing to the rising initiatives by various governments to push towards automation and digitalization of businesses. The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to grow at a significant growth rate owing to the presence of technologically advanced countries, such as Japan, South Korea, and China.
Key players operating in the global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) market include Aryaka Networks, AT&T, Ciena Corporation, Cisco, Extreme Networks, Global Cloud Xchange, IBM Corp., Juniper Networks, NEC Corporation, Oracle Corp., Silver Peak Systems, SYNNEX, Telstra, Verizon, VMware, and other such prominent players.
The approximate market share of the top 5 players is near about 61%. These market players are involved in collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and new product launches to strengthen their market presence. For instance, in July 2021, Aryaka Networks partnered with Vodafone Fiji for offering its business in Fiji hassle-free access to fast as well as secure connectivity. It also offers simplicity as well as flexibility in today’s fast-growing business environment.
The global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) market report provides insights on the below pointers:
- Market Penetration: Provides comprehensive information on the market offered by the prominent players
- Market Development: The report offers detailed information about lucrative emerging markets and analyzes penetration across mature segments of the markets
- Market Diversification: Provides in-depth information about untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments
- Competitive Landscape Assessment: Mergers & acquisitions, certifications, product launches in the global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) market have been provided in this research report. In addition, the report also emphasizes the SWOT analysis of the leading players.
- Product Development & Innovation: The report provides intelligent insights on future technologies, R&D activities, and breakthrough product developments
The global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) market report answers questions such as:
- What is the market size and forecast of the Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market?
- What are the inhibiting factors and impact of COVID-19 on the Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market during the assessment period?
- Which are the products/segments/applications/areas to invest in over the assessment period in the Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market?
- What is the competitive strategic window for opportunities in the Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market?
- What are the technology trends and regulatory frameworks in the Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market?
- What is the market share of the leading players in the Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market?
- What modes and strategic moves are considered favorable for entering the Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market?
1.1 Research Objective
1.2 Product Overview
1.3 Market Segmentation
Chapter 2. Research Methodology
2.1 Qualitative Research
2.2 Quantitative Research
2.3 Primary & Secondary Sources
2.4 Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Region
2.5 Assumption for the Study
2.6. Market Size Estimation
2.7. Data Triangulation
Chapter 3. Executive Summary: Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market
Chapter 4. Global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Overview
4.1. Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.2. Industry Outlook
4.3. PESTLE Analysis
4.4. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5. Market Dynamics and Trends
4.6. Covid-19 Impact Assessment on Market Growth Trend
4.7. Market Growth and Outlook
4.8. Competition Dashboard
Chapter 5. Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis, By Component
5.1. Key Insights
5.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 6. Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis, By Type
6.1. Key Insights
6.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 7. Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis, By Service Models
7.1. Key Insights
7.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 8. Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis, By Enterprise size
8.1. Key Insights
8.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 9. Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis, By End-user Industry
9.1. Key Insights
9.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 10. Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis, By Region/Country
10.1. Key Insights
10.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 11. North America Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis
11.1. Key Insights
11.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 12. Europe Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis
12.1. Key Insights
12.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 13. Asia Pacific Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis
13.1. Key Insights
13.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 14. Middle East & Africa Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis
14.1. Key Insights
14.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 15. South America Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Market Analysis
15.1. Key Insights
15.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 16. Company Profile (Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Key Competitors, Contact Address, and Business Strategy Outlook)
16.1. Aryaka Networks
16.3. Ciena Corporation
16.5. Extreme Networks
16.6. Global Cloud Xchange
16.7. IBM Corp.
16.8. Juniper Networks
16.9. NEC Corporation
16.10. Oracle Corp.
16.11. Silver Peak Systems
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Aryaka Networks
- Ciena Corporation
- Extreme Networks
- Global Cloud Xchange
- IBM Corp.
- Juniper Networks
- NEC Corporation
- Oracle Corp.
- Silver Peak Systems