Harvesting robots are meant for picking fruits automatically under certain environmental conditions. Growing demand for food security and gradually increasing awareness regarding smart agriculture are expected to fuel the market growth. Furthermore, the growing requirement for high productivity from existing farm areas coupled with the use of real-time multimodal robot systems in the field is anticipated to boost the market growth.
However, the inefficiency of harvesting robots is anticipated to restrain the market growth. The COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the market growth, as major players in the market reported a slight decline in their sales of harvesting robots
Growing demand for food security
Food security is measuring the availability of food and individuals’ ability to access it. Demand for food security is increasing and with it, demand for automation in the agriculture sector and its various stages is also rising. One of these stages is harvesting. Rising demand for automation in the sector is also expected to drive market growth. The rapid increase in the global population has led researchers and scientists to work out ways for ensuring food security.
Gradually increasing awareness of smart agriculture
Smart agriculture is the usage of technologies like sensors, the internet of things, robots, location systems, and artificial intelligence on a farm. Rising awareness regarding smart agriculture is boosting the adoption of robots, including harvesting robots. Using harvesting robots in smart agriculture optimizes the food production process and improves quality. Advanced farming technology proves as an essential part of the farmer’s daily work. This boosts the demand for market growth.
The global harvesting robot market is segmented based on the robot type, harvesting robot, and application.
By Robot Type
- Semi-Autonomous Robots
- Fully-Autonomous Robots
By Harvesting Type
- Fruit Harvesting
- Vegetable Harvesting
- Grain Harvesting
- Outdoor Agriculture
- Greenhouse Agriculture
Based on region, the global harvesting robot market is divided into Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, and South America.
The European region held the largest market share of around 40% owing to the rising number of farmers demanding harvesting robots in the region. The North American region held the second largest market share owing to a well-established agricultural sector in the region.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the fastest rate of 23.4% owing to the slowly growing demand for automation and adoption of advanced technologies, such as harvesting robots in countries such as Japan, India, China, and Australia, among others.
Key players operating in the global harvesting robot market include Agrobot, CERESCON B.V., Abundant Robotics Inc., Dogtooth Technologies Limited, Energid Technologies Corporation, FFRobotics, Four Growers, Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd, HARVEST CROO, Harvest Automation, Metomotion, Tortuga Agricultural Technologies, Inc., and Root AI, Inc., among others.
These market players are involved in collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and new product launches to strengthen their market presence. For instance, in January 2020, Kubota, a Japan-based company invested in the U.S.-based agriculture technology startup Abundant Robotics, Inc. for contributing to labor-saving and efficiency improvement in farming in the U.S. and Canada.
The global harvesting robot market report provides insights on the below pointers:
- Market Penetration: Provides comprehensive information on the market offered by the prominent players
- Market Development: The report offers detailed information about lucrative emerging markets and analyzes penetration across mature segments of the markets
- Market Diversification: Provides in-depth information about untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments
- Competitive Landscape Assessment: Mergers & acquisitions, certifications, product launches in the global Harvesting robot market have been provided in this research report. In addition, the report also emphasizes the SWOT analysis of the leading players.
- Product Development & Innovation: The report provides intelligent insights on future technologies, R&D activities, and breakthrough product developments
The global Harvesting robot market report answers questions such as:
- What is the market size and forecast of the Global Harvesting robot Market?
- What are the inhibiting factors and impact of COVID-19 on the Global Harvesting robot Market during the assessment period?
- Which are the products/segments/applications/areas to invest in over the assessment period in the Global Harvesting robot Market?
- What is the competitive strategic window for opportunities in the Global Harvesting robot Market?
- What are the technology trends and regulatory frameworks in the Global Harvesting robot Market?
- What is the market share of the leading players in the Global Harvesting robot Market?
- What modes and strategic moves are considered favorable for entering the Global Harvesting robot Market?
1.1. Research Objective
1.2. Product Overview
1.3. Market Segmentation
Chapter 2. Research Methodology
2.1. Qualitative Research
2.2. Quantitative Research
2.3. Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Region
2.4. Assumption for the Study
2.5. Market Size Estimation
2.6. Data Triangulation
Chapter 3. Executive Summary: Global Harvesting Robot Market
Chapter 4. Global Agriculture Industry Overview
4.1. By Country
Chapter 5. Global Harvesting Robot Market
5.1. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Industry Outlook
5.3. PESTLE Analysis
5.4. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.5. Market Dynamics and Trends
5.6. Covid-19 Impact Assessment on Market Growth Trend
5.7. Market Growth and Outlook
5.8. Competition Dashboard
Chapter 6. Global Harvesting Robot Market Analysis, By Robot Type
6.1. Key Insights
6.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 7. Global Harvesting Robot Market, By Harvesting Type
7.1. Key Insight
7.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 8. Global Harvesting Robot Market, By Application
8.1. Key Insight
8.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 9. Global Harvesting Robot Market, By Region
9.1. Key Insights
9.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 10. North America Harvesting Robot Market
10.1. Key Insight
10.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 11. Europe Harvesting Robot Market
11.1. Key Insights
11.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 12. Asia Pacific Harvesting Robot Market
12.1. Key Insights
12.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 13. Middle East & Africa Harvesting Robot Market
13.1. Key Insights
13.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 14. South America Harvesting Robot Market
14.1. Key Insights
14.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 15. Company Profile (Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Contact Address, and Business Strategy Outlook)
16.1. Abundant Robotics Inc.
16.3. CERESCON B.V.
16.4. Dogtooth Technologies Limited
16.5. Energid Technologies Corporation
16.7. Four Growers
16.8. Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd
16.9. Harvest Automation
16.10. HARVEST CROO
16.12. Root AI, Inc.
16.13. Tortuga Agricultural Technologies, Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Abundant Robotics Inc.
- CERESCON B.V.
- Dogtooth Technologies Limited
- Energid Technologies Corporation
- Four Growers
- Green Robot Machinery Pvt. Ltd
- Harvest Automation
- HARVEST CROO
- Root AI, Inc.
- Tortuga Agricultural Technologies, Inc.