The blood left in the umbilical cord after birth is the cord blood. This blood contains stem cells that have exceptional abilities to grow into different types of cells, such as blood cells, bone marrow cells, and brain cells, among others. These can be used for the treatment of many chronic diseases. The increasing demand for genetic testing, fertility, and reproduction-assisted services is likely to boost market growth. Moreover, rising spending capacity and suitable payment plans are expected to drive market growth. In October 2020, the National Center for Biotechnology Information published a study, where a 72-year-old critically ill COVID-19 patient was administered 5-time intravenous infusions of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells (UCB-MSCs). It was found that UCB-MSC therapy might have a certain positive effect in the treatment of critically COVID-19 patients, by delaying the deterioration of the disease and improving renal and respiratory function. Such studies led to the initiation of various researches, hence positively impacting the market growth.
Increasing demand for genetic testing, fertility, and reproduction assisted services
Infertility coupled with genetic issues and other reproduction-related issues creates a vast impact on the psychosocial wellbeing of the affected people, hence leading to poor life quality. According to an MDPI report published in June 2021, approximately 15% of people globally are affected by infertility issues. Around 80% of these couples are helped by the assisted reproduction technology (ART) to conceive. However, some couples cannot conceive even after ART. To help these couples, stem cells are emerging as promising alternative therapeutics in translational research of regenerative medicine. These factors are likely to fuel the market growth.
Rising spending capacity and suitable payment plans
The disposable income of people is rising; hence they are adopting expensive services such as umbilical cord blood storage, which is boosting the market growth. According to Trading Economics, as of May 2021, the personal disposable income in the U.S. was USD 17,955.40. Furthermore, market players are also coming up with suitable payment plans, which are increasing the demand in the market, hence fuelling the market growth during the forecast period.
The North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood market is segmented into storage services, therapeutics, and application.
By Storage Services
- Private Cord Blood Banks
- Public Cord Blood Banks
- Hybrid Cord Blood Banks
- Blood Diseases
- Immune Disorders
- Metabolic Disorders
- Bone Marrow Failure Syndrome
- Other Disease
- Transplant Medicine
- Regenerative Medicine
On a regional basis, the North American Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood market is segmented into the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The U.S. region accounted for the largest market share owing to the presence of major key players in the country. The market in Canada and Mexico is expected to grow at significant growth rates owing to the rising adoption of stem cell umbilical cord blood storage services in the country.
Key players operating in the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood market include Advanced Cell Technology, Americord Registry Esperite, Athersys, California Stem Cell, CBR Systems, Inc., China Cord Blood Corporation, Cord Blood America, Cordlife Group Limited, Cryo-Cell International, Cryoviva India, Sangamo Therapeutics, Esperite, Excell Thera, Gamida Cell, Geron Corporation, LifeCellInternational, Medipost, Magenta Therapeutics, Mesoblast Limited, Neostem, Cryo-Save, Opexa Therapeutics, Regrow Biosciences Pvt. Ltd., Smart Cells International Ltd., Tacitus, SinoBiological, Stem cell Technologies, Teva Pharmaceuticals, ViaCord, Vita34 AG, NextGen, CSG-BIO, Fate Therapeutics, Inc., and Celaid Therapeutics Inc., among others.
These market players are involved in collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and new product launches to strengthen their market presence. For instance, in July 2021, Americord strengthened its medical and scientific advisory board by adding multiple industry experts in a strategic push for expanding its ongoing research and development efforts.
The North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood market report provides insights on the below pointers:
- Market Penetration: Provides comprehensive information on the market offered by the prominent players
- Market Development: The report offers detailed information about lucrative emerging markets and analyzes penetration across mature segments of the markets
- Market Diversification: Provides in-depth information about untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments
- Competitive Landscape Assessment: Mergers & acquisitions, certifications, product launches in the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood market have been provided in this research report. In addition, the report also emphasizes the SWOT analysis of the leading players.
- Product Development & Innovation: The report provides intelligent insights on future technologies, R&D activities, and breakthrough product developments
The North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood market report answers questions such as:
- What is the market size and forecast of the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market?
- What are the inhibiting factors and impact of COVID-19 on the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market during the assessment period?
- Which are the products/segments/applications/areas to invest in over the assessment period in the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market?
- What is the competitive strategic window for opportunities in the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market?
- What are the technology trends and regulatory frameworks in the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market?
- What is the market share of the leading players in the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market?
- What modes and strategic moves are considered favorable for entering the North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market?
1.1 Research Objective
1.2 Product Overview
1.3 Market Segmentation
Chapter 2. Research Methodology
2.1 Qualitative Research
2.2 Quantitative Research
2.3 Breakdown of Primary Research Respondents, By Region
2.4 Assumption for the Study
2.5 Market Size Estimation
2.6. Data Triangulation
Chapter 3. Executive Summary: North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market
Chapter 4. North America Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market Overview
4.1. Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.2. Industry Outlook
4.3. PESTLE Analysis
4.4. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5. Market Dynamics and Trends
4.6. Covid-19 Impact Assessment on Market Growth Trend
4.7. Market Growth and Outlook
4.8. Competition Dashboard
Chapter 5. North America Stem Cells Umbilical Cord Blood Market Analysis, By Therapeutics
5.1. Key Insights
5.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 6. North America Stem Cells Umbilical Cord Blood Market Analysis, By Applications
6.1. Key Insights
6.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 7. North America Stem Cells Umbilical Cord Blood Market Analysis, By Country
7.1. Key Insights
7.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 8. The U.S Stem Cells Umbilical Cord Blood Market Analysis
8.1. Key Insights
8.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 9. Canada Stem Cells Umbilical Cord Blood Market Analysis
9.1. Key Insights
9.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 10. Mexico Stem Cells Umbilical Cord Blood Market Analysis
10.1. Key Insights
10.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 - 2027 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 11. Company Profile (Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Key Competitors, Contact Address, and Business Strategy Outlook)
11.1. Advanced Cell Technology
11.2. Americord Registry Esperite
11.4. California Stem Cell
11.5. CBR Systems, Inc.
11.6. China Cord Blood Corporation
11.7. Cord Blood America
11.8. Cordlife Group Limited
11.9. Cryo-Cell International
11.10. Cryoviva India
11.11. Sangamo Therapeutics
11.13. Excell Thera
11.14. Gemida Cell
11.15. Geron Corporation
11.16. LifeCell Inetrnational
11.18. Megenta Therapeutics
11.19. Mesoblast Limited
11.22. Opexa Therapeutics
11.23. Regrow Biosciences Pvt. Ltd.
11.24. Smart Cells International Ltd.
11.27. Stem cell Technologies
11.28. Teva Pharmaceuticals
11.30. Vita34 AG
11.33. Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
11.34. Celaid Therapeutics Inc.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Advanced Cell Technology
- Americord Registry Esperite
- California Stem Cell
- CBR Systems, Inc.
- China Cord Blood Corporation
- Cord Blood America
- Cordlife Group Limited
- Cryo-Cell International
- Cryoviva India
- Sangamo Therapeutics
- Excell Thera
- Gemida Cell
- Geron Corporation
- LifeCell Inetrnational
- Megenta Therapeutics
- Mesoblast Limited
- Opexa Therapeutics
- Regrow Biosciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Smart Cells International Ltd.
- Stem cell Technologies
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Vita34 AG
- Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
- Celaid Therapeutics Inc.