Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited as the only manufacturer of Acetic Acid in India is unable to meet the massive domestic demand for the product hence, the majority of its demand is met through imports. Trade disruption as a ripple effect of Coronavirus has given a massive opportunity to the domestic manufacturer looking widen their profit margins. As more than 80000 tonnes of Acetic Acid were being imported to India from China on monthly basis, ongoing hindrance in trade is anticipated to leave the domestic market stuck under persistent demand and reduced supply. To boost the domestic production of Acetic Acid and meet the unending demand for the same, there is a need to encourage a larger number of domestic manufacturers to emerge in the Acetic Acid market.
Acetic Acid is commercially manufactured by methanol and alcohol route. Limited availability of feedstock and high cost of alcohol process makes methanol more desirable in the production of Acetic Acid. Domestic demand for this product is perceived to vary with regions too. Among all regions, the western region in India has shown a significant demand for Acetic Acid due to the presence of various end-user industries. As Acetic Acid is utilized in an appreciable amount to produce PTA, demand for Acetic Acid is expected to record a marked growth due to the growing demand for PTA in the packaging and pharmaceutical industry. Increasing demand for PTA in polyester fibers is yet another factor contributing to the hike in demand for Acetic Acid. Along with this, utilization of Acetic Acid for the production of acetic anhydride and diketene derivatives is expected to contribute to the market growth as well during the forecast period.
Years Considered for this Report:
- Historical Years: FY2015- FY2020
- Base Year: FY2021
- Estimated Year: FY2022
- Forecast Period: FY2023 - FY2030
Objective of the Study:
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast Acetic Acid capacity, production, demand, and demand-supply gap in India.
- To categorize Acetic Acid demand based on end use, region, and sales channel.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in the India Acetic Acid market.
- To identify major customers of Acetic Acid in India.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in the India Acetic Acid market.
- To identify major news, deals, and expansion plans in the India Acetic Acid market.
To extract data for the India Acetic Acid market, primary research surveys were conducted with Acetic Acid manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers, and end-users. While interviewing, the respondents were also inquired about their competitors. Through this technique, the publisher was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. Moreover, the report analyzes various end-user segments and projected a positive outlook for the India Acetic Acid market over the coming years.
The publisher calculated Acetic Acid demand in India by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast was carried out considering methanol prices. The publisher sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated them through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by the publisher.
Key Target Audience:
- Acetic Acid manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to Acetic Acid distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policymakers
- Market research and consulting firms
Report Scope:In this report, the India Acetic Acid market has been segmented into the following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by End Use- Pharmaceuticals, Plastic and Polymers, Paint and Coatings, Printing and Packaging, Food and Beverages and Others
- Market, by Sales Channel- Direct/Institutional Sales, Retail Sales, Other Channel Sales
- Market, by Region- North, West, East, and South
Available Customizations:With the given market data, the publisher offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.
Table of Contents1. India Acetic Acid Market Outlook, 2015-2030
1.1. Capacity By Company
1.2. Capacity By Location
1.3. Capacity By Technology
1.4. Production, By Company
1.5. Operating Efficiency By Company
1.6. Country-Wise Import
1.7. Country-Wise Export
1.8. Demand-Supply Gap
2. India Acetic Acid Demand Outlook, 2015-2030
2.1. By End Use
2.2. By Application
2.3. By Distribution Channel
2.4. By Region
2.5. By Company Share
3. News & Deals