Low-Grade Thermal Energy Harvesting: Advances in Thermoelectrics, Materials, and Emerging Applications provides readers with fundamental and key concepts surrounding low-grade thermal energy conversion while also reviewing the latest research directions. The book covers the most promising and emerging technologies for low-grade heat recovery, harvesting and conversion, including wearable thermoelectrics and organic thermoelectrics. Each chapter includes key materials, principles, design and fabrication strategies for low-grade heat recovery. Special attention on emerging materials such as organic composites, 2D materials and nanomaterials are also included. The book emphasizes materials and device structures that enable the powering of wearable electronics and consumer electronics.
The book is suitable for materials scientists and engineers in academia and R&D in manufacturing, industry, energy and electronics.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Low-Grade Thermal Energy Harvesting
2. Harvesting low-grade heat energy using thermo-osmotic vapour transport through nanoporous membranes
3. Ion selectivity membrane for low-grade heat energy harvesting
4. Wearable thermoelectrics for low-energy harvesting
5. Flexible organic/inorganic hybrid films for low grade heat recovery
6. Organic composite thermoelectrics
7. Flexible inorganic membrane for low grade heat recycling
8. 2D materials for low-grade energy harvesting
9. Electrochemical systems for efficiently harvesting low-grade heat energy
10. Thermogalvanic cells with a high Seebeck coefficient for low-grade heat harvesting
11. Thermally Regenerative Electrochemical Cycle for Low-Grade Heat Harvesting
12. Summary and outlook for low-grade thermal energy harvesting