The Mobility Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) for August 2021 covers technologies related to artificial intelligence (AI)-based solutions for automotive applications. Innovations for vehicle inspection, pothole detection, autonomous driving, fuel cells, electric vehicles, and LCD are in focus.
The purpose of the Mobility Technology TOE is to raise awareness of global technology innovations in self-propelled ground-based mobile platforms that are not only technically significant, but potentially offering commercial value. Each monthly TOE provides subscribers valuable descriptions and analyses of 10 noteworthy innovations. The main focus is on highway-licensed motor vehicles (light, medium and heavy). Passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, scooters and railway locomotives are within the product scope, energized by any fuel. Many of the innovations concern powertrains (internal combustion engines, turbines, battery electrics, fuel cell electrics, hybrid-electrics), as well as drivetrains (including transmissions), interiors--seating and displays, advanced materials--as for body/chassis, wireless connectivity, and self-driving technology that is currently receiving so much attention. The Mobility TOE outlines and evaluates each innovation, notes which organizations and developers are involved, projects the likely timing for commercialization, furnishes a patent analysis, and provides valuable strategic insights for industry stakeholders.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro-and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
Table of Contents
- Innovations in Mobility
- Usage-Based Insurance for Connected Cars and Commercial Drones
- Flexible and Customizable Insurance Plans as Per the Fleet Size and Requirements
- Flock, US - Investor Dashboard
- AI-Based Visual Inspection Solution for Vehicles
- Complex Automotive Parts Inspection Process Made Simple and Reliable
- Kitov.AI - Investor Dashboard
- Autonomous Delivery Vehicle for Door-To-Door Delivery Services
- Value Proposition of Nuro Inc.
- Nuro Inc. - Investor Dashboard
- Advanced Ev Platform for Ev Development
- Value Proposition of Ree Automotive
- Ree Automotive - Investor Dashboard
- LCD Enables Low Power Consumption in Vehicles
- Value Proposition of Visteon
- Visteon - Investor Dashboard
- E-Bike Ensures Safe Operation and Also Acts as a Sustainable Solution
- Automatic and AI-Driven Pothole Detection System
- Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells for Automotive and Portable Power Generation Applications
- AI- and 5D Sensor-Based Accident Prevention System
- AI-Based Adaptive Traffic Signal Control Technology
- Industry Contacts
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Nuro Inc.
- Ree Automotive