- Technology will reshape the airline industry over the coming years creating more digitally focused carriers.
- With digital adoption high amongst the general population during the pandemic, airlines are taking the opportunity to become more technology-led. High investment is likely to occur in this space.
- ESG has become an ever more important theme for airlines and action must occur immediately. Pressure on the industry to reduce its impact, especially on the environment has spurred carriers to invest now.
- The competitive landscape in the airline sector is expected to change in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Consolidation is expected to occur with some of the larger, more financially stable carriers expanding.
- This sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the airlines sector over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their industry landscape.
- The key themes covered within this report are artificial intelligence, big data, cloud, 5G, cybersecurity, M&A, ESG, COVID-19, low cost evolution, virtual and augmented reality.
Reasons to Buy
- Companies that invest in the right themes become success stories; those that miss the big themes end up as failures. Given that so many themes are disruptive, it is very easy to be blindsided by industry outsiders that invade your sector.
- To help our clients gain a competitive advantage, we have developed the publisher's thematic research ecosystem. This single, integrated global research platform provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Sector performance
- Sector scorecard: Airlines
- Our thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Air China
- Air France KLM
- American Airlines Group
- China Eastern Airlines
- China Southern Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- International Consolidated Airlines Group
- LATAM Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Ryanair Holdings
- Southwest Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines Holdings
- Wizz Air