Over recent years India has become one of the most important and sought-after source markets in the world. Like many other countries in the APAC region, both domestic and outbound tourism has grown substantially over the past two decades. With a growing population, improving infrastructure and an economy which is predicted to be fastest growing major economy in the world post-COVID, India has enormous potential to become one of the world leading source markets.
- This report is part of the publisher's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the French source market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the French domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets. The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
Table of Contents
- Country Snapshot 2020
- Indian Tourism Market in 2020: At a Glance
- Main Findings
- Indian Tourist Profile
- What types of Holidays do Indian Tourists take?
- Insight into Indian Travelers
- How has COVID-19 affected Indian travelers' appetite for travel?
- Domestic Tourism
- Domestic Flows
- Domestic Spending
- Outbound Tourism
- Outbound Spending
- Main & Developing Markets
- Where did Indian tourists travel to in 2020
- Main Destination - Middle East
- Main Destination - UK and North America
- Developing Destination Markets
- Opportunities to attract Indian tourists
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Jet Airways
- Air India
- Air Asia
- Kingfisher Airlines
- British Airways
- Etihad Airways
- Tourism Australia