COVID-19 once again played havoc with the scheduling of tennis events in 2021, with each slam taking a different approach, as more relaxed stances gradually came in as the year progressed. Wimbledon continues to rank as the most prestigious and popular slam of the year but trails the others in terms of sponsorship deals, for which such deals are most prolific in Australian (in terms of quantity) and the United States (in terms of revenue). In total there were 13 brands active in multiple slams in 2021, with Rolex the only brand to actively sponsor all four majors.
- A review of the effect of COVID-19 and the associated financial losses at each event through lost ticket sales.
- Also offers an in-depth comparison between the four slams and the two genders, comparing the social media and prize money breakdown of both sets of players.
- Also offers a detailed showing of the sponsorship and media landscapes for all four major competitions.
- Tennis remains one of the biggest sports around the world and with its calendar comprised of major events in each continental market, its also remains highly lucrative and diverse.
- The report offers an insight into the commercial DNA of the sports main four tournaments this year, offering some numbers around sponsorship, prize money, followings and media.
- In comparing the slams to their previous editions and to each other, the report offers an true reflective review of tennis in 2021 and looks in depth at the effects COVID-19 has continued to have on the sport.
Reasons to Buy
- An in-depth summary of the four biggest events in the tennis calendar.
- A clear breakdown of associated numbers with easy to view comparisons and strong insight and analysis added.
Table of Contents1. Defying COVID-19
2. Social Media
3. Sponsorship Breakdown
4. Media Landscape Breakdown
5. Event Finals
6. Prize Money Comparison
List of Tables
- COVID-19 Deaths
- Capacity Restrictions Table
- Media Deals Table
List of Figures
- Slam Social Media Graphs
- Player Social Media Graphs
- Sponsorship Breakdown Charts
- Brand Sponsorship Graph
- Prize Money Graphs
- Gender Time Spent on Court Comparison Graphs