1h Free Analyst TimeSustainability & Ethics is one of the most important features that influence consumers' purchase decisions and cannot be ignored when building a solid corporate strategy in the foodservice industry
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Sustainability & Ethics is an important mega-trend consisting of trends from social responsibility to environmental responsibility. This report explores five trends to watch under the Sustainability & Ethics mega-trend by identifying consumer sentiments, demographic and geographic differences, and notable innovations to address challenges in the foodservice industry.
- The increasing popularity of plant-based menus is led by rising sustainability awareness. Reducing or recycling food waste is also a key ethical consumption-related factor. Foodservice operators need to cater to these factors to respond to the growing ethical consumption trend.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has been elevating consumers' sentiment towards localism. Building strong connections with local communities and local suppliers has become an important business strategy. Featuring more local produce in the menu will also be a key area of development.
- Environmental responsibility aspects are becoming key drivers of consumers' purchase decisions. Packaging has been one of the main focuses in recent years, but people are becoming savvy about the environment, and demanding information about carbon footprints.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain consumer insight focused analysis of the link between restaurant dining and sustainability and what it means for operators as well as the market as a whole.
- Learn about core drivers of key foodservice shifts and how these are likely to play out in the future from a consumer insight perspective.
- Access relevant case studies and foodservice innovation examples to apply lessons discovered from key initiatives in the industry.
Table of Contents
- Sustainability & Ethics
- Ethical Consumption
- Environmental Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
- Next Generation Shopping
- Take Outs
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Veggie Grill
- EG Group
- Too Good To Go
- My Chef
- Just Salad
- Domino's Pizza