Many themes are disrupting the lodging sector today, and as technology adoption grows, these themes will become even more disruptive. Companies must understand which themes they are currently lagging in to identify areas for investment to stay ahead of the competition. 5G, IoT, and ESG are all themes having a large impact across most lodging players and will reshape the industry. Tech-driven travelers are becoming more common so striving to become digitally focused will bode well for the competitive position of these lodging providers in the near future.
- Technology will continue to be an important investment area for lodging providers over the coming years with digital disruption continuing. High investment is likely to occur in this space.
- ESG is an important theme for lodging companies and action to reduce the lodging sector’s impact will continue. Environmental sustainability will become a key focus.
- The competitive landscape in the lodging sector is expected to change in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Consolidation is expected to occur with some of the larger, more financially stable providers expanding.
- This sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the lodging sector over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their industry landscape.
- The key themes covered within this report are artificial intelligence, big data, robotics, 5G, cybersecurity, sharing economy, ESG, COVID-19, internet of things, virtual and augmented reality.
Reasons to Buy
- Companies that invest in the right themes become success stories; those that miss the big themes end up as failures. Given that so many themes are disruptive, it is very easy to be blindsided by industry outsiders that invade your sector.
- To help our clients gain a competitive advantage, we have developed the Publisher’s thematic research ecosystem. This single, integrated global research platform provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Sector performance
- Sector scorecard: Lodging
- Our thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Best Western
- Choice Hotels International
- Four Seasons
- Hilton Worldwide Holdings
- Huazhu Group
- Hyatt Hotels
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Mandarin Oriental
- Marriott International
- Minor Hotels
- OYO Rooms
- Shanghai Jin Jiang
- Travelodge Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts