This report for Economic Development determines a region's future growth and development potential by the region’s ability to enhance its citizens’ quality of life. This report explores the Middle East’s key strengths and weaknesses through country-level assessments of growth and innovation initiatives, benchmarking each country on these two indices.
In 2021, the Middle East economy is gradually recovering from the pandemic due to the rebound in oil prices and timely government support. In the medium term, however, regional challenges pose downside risks to growth. This report for Economic Development in the Middle East, 2021, diagnoses significant challenges to the region’s growth environment, including persistently high unemployment rates and overreliance on fossil fuel exports. By measuring performance against the major pillars of Innovation in Education, Healthcare, Environment, Infrastructure, Citizen Centricity, and Security, the report offers broad insights into the regional economic pulse and identifies key drivers, such as structural reforms, underpinning the region’s growth momentum.
In this research, the publisher indexes the top 10 economies in the Middle East to determine the factors that make them regional leaders. This report intends to empower governments, policymakers, investors, and businesses to identify strategic imperatives for future growth.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What are the regional strategic imperatives for the governments in the Middle East?
- Which countries are the regional leaders for innovation?
- Which countries are the regional leaders for growth?
- What are the driving forces for change in the Middle East?
- What policies and plans have aided in economic growth?
- What is the future growth potential of the Middle Eastern economies?
1. Strategic Imperative and Growth Environment
- Frost Radar for Economic Development: Global Strategic Imperatives
- Frost Radar for Economic Development: Growth Environment
- Frost Radar for Economic Development: Regional Challenges
2. Frost Radar for Economic Development
- Frost Radar for Economic Development: Top 10 Countries in the Middle East
- Frost Radar for Economic Development: The Middle East Country Ranking
- Frost Radar for Economic Development: Competitive Environment in the Middle East
3. Next Steps: Leveraging the Frost Radar to Empower Key Stakeholders
- Significance of Being Among the Frontrunners
- Frost Radar for Economic Development Empowers Governments/Policy Makers
- Frost Radar for Economic Development Empowers Investors
- Frost Radar for Economic Development Empowers the CEO’s Growth Team
4. Frost Radar for Economic Development
- Frost Radar for Economic Development Framework: 2 Axes, 7 Priorities
- Frost Radar For Economic Development: Methodology
- Middle East: List of Countries
- The Growth Axis: Economy, Investment, Citizens
- The Innovation Axis: Six Pillars of Social Priorities
- Legal Disclaimer