The Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market is estimated to be USD 1.38 Bn in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 2.42 Bn by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 11.87%.
he approval of Spinraza for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy is a major milestone in motor neuron disease and translational research
Market DynamicsMarket dynamics are forces that impact the prices and behaviors of the stakeholders. These forces create pricing signals which result from the changes in the supply and demand curves for a given product or service. Forces of Market Dynamics may be related to macro-economic and micro-economic factors. There are dynamic market forces other than price, demand, and supply. Human emotions can also drive decisions, influence the market, and create price signals.
As the market dynamics impact the supply and demand curves, decision-makers aim to determine the best way to use various financial tools to stem various strategies for speeding the growth and reducing the risks.
Market SegmentationsThe Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market is segmented based on Disease Type, Treatment, Route of Administration, and Geography
- By Disease Type, the market is classified into Type 1, Type 2 Type 3, and Type 4.
- By Treatment, the market is classified into Gene Replacement Therapy, and Drug Therapy.
- By Route of Administration, the market is classified into Oral and Intrathecal.
- By Geography, the market is classified into Americas, Europe, Middle-East & Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
Company ProfilesThe report provides a detailed analysis of the competitors in the market. It covers the financial performance analysis for the publicly listed companies in the market. The report also offers detailed information on the companies' recent development and competitive scenario. Some of the companies covered in this report are AstraZeneca PLC, Biogen, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Novartis International Ag, Pfizer, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., etc.
- America (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, United States, Rest of Americas)
- Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Rest of Europe)
- Middle-East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Rest of MEA)
- Asia-Pacific (Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Competitive QuadrantThe report includes a Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Ansoff AnalysisThe report presents a detailed Ansoff matrix analysis for the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market. Ansoff Matrix, also known as Product/Market Expansion Grid, is a strategic tool used to design strategies for the growth of the company. The matrix can be used to evaluate approaches in four strategies viz. Market Development, Market Penetration, Product Development, and Diversification. The matrix is also used for risk analysis to understand the risk involved with each approach.
The analyst analyses the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market using the Ansoff Matrix to provide the best approaches a company can take to improve its market position.
Based on the SWOT analysis conducted on the industry and industry players, the analyst has devised suitable strategies for market growth.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter's 5 forces model, PESTLE Analysis, and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of COVID-19 and the impact of economic slowdown & impending recession on the market are also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst's competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Frequently Asked Questions about the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market
What is the estimated value of the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market?
The Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market was estimated to be valued at $1.38 Billion in 2023.
What is the growth rate of the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market?
The growth rate of the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market is 11.8%, with an estimated value of $2.42 Billion by 2028.
What is the forecasted size of the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market?
The Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market is estimated to be worth $2.42 Billion by 2028.
Who are the key companies in the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market?
Key companies in the Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market include Astellas Pharma, Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Biogen, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Catalyst Pharmaceuticals, Chugai Pharmaceutical, Cure SMA, Cytokinetics, Inc. and La Roche Ag.
|No. of Pages||209|
|Forecast Period||2023 - 2028|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD ||$ 1.38 Billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD ||$ 2.42 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||11.8%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||23|
Table of Contents1 Report Description
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Stakeholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.3.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.3.2 Top-Down Approach
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
3.2 Market Size, Segmentations, and Outlook
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 The Rising Importance of Rare Diseases
4.1.2 Increasing Initiatives for Creating Awareness of SMA
4.2.1 High Cost of Approved Products for SMA
4.3.1 Growing Research Initiatives for Developing a Treatment for SMA
4.4.1 Limited Access to Treatment of SMA
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Regulatory Scenario
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3 PESTLE Analysis
5.4 SWOT Analysis
5.5 Impact of COVID-19
5.6 Impact of Economic Slowdown & Impending Recession
5.7 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market, By Disease Type
6.2 Type 1
6.3 Type 2
6.4 Type 3
6.5 Type 4
7 Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market, By Treatment
7.2 Gene Replacement Therapy
7.3 Drug Therapy
7.3.2 RG60803 (Olesoxime)
8 Global Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market, By Route of Administration
9 Americas' Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market
9.9 United States
9.10 Rest of Americas
10 Europe's Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market
10.16 United Kingdom
10.17 Rest of Europe
11 Middle East and Africa's Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market
11.5 Saudi Arabia
11.6 South Africa
11.7 United Arab Emirates
11.8 Rest of MEA
12 APAC's Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market
12.11 South Korea
12.12 Sri Lanka
12.15 Rest of Asia-Pacific
13 Competitive Landscape
13.1 Competitive Quadrant
13.2 Market Share Analysis
13.3 Strategic Initiatives
13.3.1 M&A and Investments
13.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
13.3.3 Product Developments and Improvements
14 Company Profiles
14.1 Astellas Pharma, Inc.
14.2 AstraZeneca PLC
14.3 Biogen, Inc.
14.4 Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
14.5 Catalyst Pharmaceuticals
14.6 Chugai Pharmaceutical
14.7 Cure SMA
14.8 Cytokinetics, Inc.
14.9 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ag
14.10 Genentech, Inc.
14.11 Genzyme Corp.
14.12 Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
14.13 Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
14.14 Natera, Inc.
14.15 Novartis International Ag
14.16 Novo Nordisk AS
14.17 PerkinElmer, Inc.
14.18 Pfizer, Inc.
14.19 PTC Therapeutics
14.20 Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
14.21 Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
14.22 Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
14.23 UW Health
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- AstraZeneca PLC
- Biogen, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals
- Chugai Pharmaceutical
- Cure SMA
- Cytokinetics, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ag
- Genentech, Inc.
- Genzyme Corp.
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Natera, Inc.
- Novartis International Ag
- Novo Nordisk AS
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- PTC Therapeutics
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- UW Health