The Global Router Market size is expected to reach $25 billion by 2027, rising at a market growth of 8.1% CAGR during the forecast period. The router can be defined as the common device for modern network computing that connects workers to networks, both local as well as Internet, where just about each crucial business activity occurs. In absence of routers, people could not utilize the Internet to communicate, collaborate, or obtain information and learn.
Routers are also capable of providing security. Embedded firewall and content filtering software offer extra protection from undesirable content and unsecured websites without hampering the user’s online experience. However, routers are not suitable for Internet connections or data transmission. The majority of routers enable individuals to connect hard drivers and utilize them as file-sharing servers, or printers that can then be accessed by any person on the network.
Factors such as the rise in the digitalization process, increasing demand for high-speed internet services in the commercial and private sectors, and growing IPTC subscriber base are expected to create new growth avenues for the players operating in the router market in upcoming years. The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown restrictions have compelled companies to adopt work from a home model, which boosts the demand for faster internet services and also boosts the work done for the company. This aspect directly helped the router providers to increase their revenue share in the market. The market faces stiff competition from local suppliers in the market who supply similar kinds of cable modems at a low cost. Therefore, local suppliers could hamper the growth of the router market in the next few years.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
In the last few years, the router market has been growing at a rapid pace. Additionally, the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to positively affect the demand and growth of the router market. Factor such as a surge in requirement of routers among companies for enhancing their employee's internet requirement is responsible for the massive demand of routers during the pandemic. Additionally, the router market is anticipated to be fueled by the rising adoption of the work-from-home model by numerous companies to curb the transmission of coronavirus which had resulted in a faster internet connectivity technology among individuals. Moreover, the global pandemic is expected to spur the growth in several industrial automation industries like manufacturing, retail, and e-commerce, oil & gas, healthcare, resulting in massive demand for industrial routers technology. Thus, the router market has expected to gain momentum during the pandemic period based on the basis of these factors.
Market Growth Factors:
Massive demand for high-speed internet connectivity among consumers
The faster internet connectivity technology enables consumers to reap a host of benefits such as gathering operational data from remote equipment and simplifying the online banking service, which is expected to boost the growth and demand for router services in the market. Additionally, internet connectivity technology offers applications to companies that involve transferring and cross-referencing data, gathering performance data of employees, and providing marketing products efficiently.
Healthcare, BFSI, and education industries are increasingly adopting connected devices
The growth of the router market is expected to be driven by the rising adoption of connected healthcare devices like remote monitoring equipment and heart-rate monitoring device among healthcare experts. Additionally, connected medical devices are extremely helpful for healthcare experts to focus on active patient engagement and offer patient-oriented care delivery services. Therefore, these services need faster internet connectivity technology among healthcare professionals and doctors, thereby propelling the growth and demand for the router in the market.
Market Restraining Factor:
High installation cost
The high installation cost of a wired router may discourage many companies and individuals to deploy this solution despite the fact that it provides numerous benefits. In addition, people residing in low-income countries and SMEs having a low budget are expected to slow down the growth rate of the router market in the forthcoming years. As mobile broadband offers internet connectivity at any time and any place, the dependency on this type of internet connectivity is constantly increasing among consumers. Thus, this factor is a major barrier to the growth of the router market in the upcoming years.
Based on Type, the market is segmented into Wireless and Wired. Wireless segment is further categorized into Dual, Single and Tri. Like a wireless router, a wired router also utilizes an Ethernet cable in order to establish a connection to a modem. Then, it utilizes distinct cables to establish a connection with one or more devices within the network, develop a LAN, and connect the devices inside the network loop to the internet.
End User Outlook
Based on End User, the market is segmented into IT & Telecom, BFSI, Education, Healthcare, and Others. The IT & Telecom segment garnered the maximum revenue share of the router market in 2020. Factor such as wide-scale adoption of wireless routers among the IT organizations to obtain information and pass information to workers and customers via the internet at a high speed with improved security is responsible for the growth of this segment.
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. APAC region is expected to exhibit a promising growth rate during the forecasting period. This is attributed to the growing requirement to track network violations and offenses among the government and public sectors, as these two aspects are responsible for many cyber-attacks.
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Eero LLC. (Amazon.com) and Cisco systems Inc. are the forerunners in the Router Market. Companies such as Belkin International, Xiaomi are some of the key innovators in Router Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include ASUSTeK Computer Inc., Belkin International Inc. (Foxconn), Cisco Systems Inc., D-link Corporation, Eero LLC. (Amazon.com), Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Netgear, Synology Inc., TP link Technologies Co. Ltd., and Xiaomi.
Recent Strategies Deployed in Router Market
Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Sep-2021: Linksys, a subsidiary of Belkin, joined hands with Fortinet, an American multinational corporation. The collaboration aimed to introduce Linksys HomeWRK, a wireless router that packs enterprise-grade security into a consumer-friendly package. The new router is a two-node, mesh-enabled WiFi 6 router controlled through a mobile app. The product is expected to substitute employee’s current home router and offers separate wireless networks for personal and business traffic.
- Sep-2021: Eero, a subsidiary of Amazon, teamed up with WeLink, a rapidly-growing, next-generation broadband provider. The collaboration aimed to fulfill the rising demand for high-speed internet through expanded broadband access and whole-home connectivity. Moreover, WeLink leverages patented, 5G mmWave technology and vertically-integrated services to extend wireless-fiber broadband to homes.
- Aug-2021: Huawei teamed up with Tiantong, China's first mobile communications satellite system. The collaboration aimed to launch a new mobile router that features various data offers, high-speed data, and sleek and easy-to-carry size.
- Jan-2021: TP-Link teamed up with Amazon and Sugr. Through this collaboration, TP-Link launched the first Mesh WiFi 6 system with Alexa Built-In - Deco Voice X20. Sugr Sense by Sugr assists device manufacturers to easily combine Alexa into connected products. It decreases development time, effort, and budget, allowing them to create products to promote rapidly and more effectively.
- Oct-2020: Linksys, a subsidiary of Belkin, formed a partnership with Korea Telecom, the largest Korean mobile carrier, and in Hong Kong with CSL. Through this partnership, the two companies launched the first 5G and Wi-Fi 6 Mobile Hotspot in Korea. The Linksys 5G Mobile Hotspot is supported by the Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G Modem-RF System and Qualcomm FastConnect 6800 mobile connectivity system.
Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- Sep-2021: Linksys, a subsidiary of Belkin, unveiled Linksys (AX5400) WiFi 6 EasyMesh router (E9450) in India. The new router allows customers to enjoy high-speed data transfers, higher capacity, superior connectivity performance in environments with multiple connected devices, and advanced power efficiency.
- Sep-2021: Amazon unveiled the Eero Pro 6 mesh Wi-Fi system for the UK market. This system is It is different from the Eero 6, a system that is already on sale in the UK because it's tri-band instead of dual-band. Moreover, the new system provides an additional 5GHz band that which is utilized wholly for the satellites to communicate with one another.
- Aug-2021: Netgear introduced Nighthawk XR1000 Pro Gaming Wi-Fi 6, the latest gaming router for the Indian market. Moreover, the new router operates with a Wi-Fi 6 speed of up to 5.4 Gbps and is expected to allow various users to connect more devices simultaneously, without impacting reliability or speed, by effectively packing and scheduling data.
- Jun-2021: Cisco introduced the latest portfolio of Catalyst industrial routers to extend the potential of the enterprise network to the edge with the flexibility, security, and scalability required for IoT success. This latest portfolio features 5G capabilities which allow companies to run connected operations at scale with a choice of management tools that are suitable for both IT and operations. Moreover, the unified architecture streamlines collaboration between IT and operations and simplifies their deployments from the enterprise to the edge.
- May-2021: Huawei introduced the Huawei H6 WiFi router. This new router is based on HarmonyOS and provides a large 200 square meters coverage. Moreover, the router is integrated with a sub routing design and runs on the company’s proprietary operating system.
- May-2021: TP-Link introduced the AC1200 Gigabit WiFi Router Archer C64. Archer C64 features MediaTek 1.2 GHz CPU and offers superior wireless performance on the 2.4GHz band at 400 Mbps in comparison with the majority of routers in the market, which operate at 300 Mbps.
- Mar-2021: Xiaomi rolled out the latest Mi AX9000 Gaming Wi-Fi Router along with other products. The new Wi-Fi Router has WiFi 6 standards. Moreover, the router refers to a Tri-band router that supports both 2.4 and 5G bands and is based on a hexa core Qualcomm chipset (4 CPU + 2 NPU) under the hood.
- Feb-2021: Huawei rolled out 5G CPE Pro. This product provides next-level connectivity, providing superior performance and industry-leading download speeds.
- Jan-2021: Linksys launched Linksys AXE8400 Wi-Fi 6E System, the new developments in Wi-Fi and motion detection technology. The new system can decrease congested, unstable Wi-Fi connections and offers more bandwidth to consumers’ homes for clearer, high-speed networks, and higher reliability.
- Jan-2021: Netgear rolled out the Nighthawk RAXE500 Tri-band WiFi router during CES 2021, the world’s first all-purpose WiFi 6E router. Through this launch, the company aimed to offer speeds up to 10.8Gbps and enable 4K/8K video streaming.
- Dec-2020: Xiaomi unveiled Mi Router AX6000 in China. Through this launch, the company is expected to strengthen its current arsenal of the Mi Router series. The new router has support for Wi-Fi 6 and sports six external gain antennas along with one external AIoT antenna.
- Sep-2020: ASUS rolled out the world’s first 6 GHz Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi 6E)-capable router. This router is a major boost to Wi-Fi performance arising from the 6 GHz band and is expected to benefit the world of gaming.
Scope of the Study
Market Segments Covered in the Report:
By End User
- IT & Telecom
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
- Belkin International Inc. (Foxconn)
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- D-link Corporation
- Eero LLC. (Amazon.com)
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Synology Inc.
- TP link Technologies CO. Ltd.
Unique Offerings from the Publisher
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
Table of Contents
1.3 Market Scope
1.4.1 Global Router Market, by Type
1.4.2 Global Router Market, by End User
1.4.3 Global Router Market, by Geography
1.5 Methodology for the research
184.108.40.206 Market Composition and Scenario
2.2 Key Factors Impacting the Market
2.2.1 Market Drivers
2.2.2 Market Restraints
3.2 Recent Industry Wide Strategic Developments
3.2.1 Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements
3.2.2 Product Launches and Product Expansions
3.3 Top Winning Strategies
3.3.1 Key Leading Strategies: Percentage Distribution (2017-2021)
3.3.2 Key Strategic Move: (Product Launches and Product Expansions: 2017, Jun - 2021, Jun) Leading Players
4.2 Global Router BFSI Market by Region
4.3 Global Router Education Market by Region
4.4 Global Router Healthcare Market by Region
4.5 Global Other End User Router Market by Region
5.2 Global Router Market by Wireless Type
5.2.1 Global Dual Router Market by Region
5.2.2 Global Single Router Market by Region
5.2.3 Global Tri Router Market by Region
5.3 Global Wired Router Market by Region
6.1.1 North America Router Market by End User
220.127.116.11 North America Router IT & Telecom Market by Country
18.104.22.168 North America Router BFSI Market by Country
22.214.171.124 North America Router Education Market by Country
126.96.36.199 North America Router Healthcare Market by Country
188.8.131.52 North America Other End User Router Market by Country
6.1.2 North America Router Market by Type
184.108.40.206 North America Wireless Router Market by Country
220.127.116.11 North America Router Market by Wireless Type
18.104.22.168.1 North America Dual Router Market by Country
22.214.171.124.2 North America Single Router Market by Country
126.96.36.199.3 North America Tri Router Market by Country
188.8.131.52 North America Wired Router Market by Country
6.1.3 North America Router Market by Country
184.108.40.206 US Router Market
220.127.116.11.1 US Router Market by End User
18.104.22.168.2 US Router Market by Type
22.214.171.124 Canada Router Market
126.96.36.199.1 Canada Router Market by End User
188.8.131.52.2 Canada Router Market by Type
184.108.40.206 Mexico Router Market
220.127.116.11.1 Mexico Router Market by End User
18.104.22.168.2 Mexico Router Market by Type
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America Router Market
126.96.36.199.1 Rest of North America Router Market by End User
188.8.131.52.2 Rest of North America Router Market by Type
6.2 Europe Router Market
6.2.1 Europe Router Market by End User
184.108.40.206 Europe Router IT & Telecom Market by Country
220.127.116.11 Europe Router BFSI Market by Country
18.104.22.168 Europe Router Education Market by Country
22.214.171.124 Europe Router Healthcare Market by Country
126.96.36.199 Europe Other End User Router Market by Country
6.2.2 Europe Router Market by Type
188.8.131.52 Europe Wireless Router Market by Country
184.108.40.206 Europe Router Market by Wireless Type
220.127.116.11.1 Europe Dual Router Market by Country
18.104.22.168.2 Europe Single Router Market by Country
22.214.171.124.3 Europe Tri Router Market by Country
126.96.36.199 Europe Wired Router Market by Country
6.2.3 Europe Router Market by Country
188.8.131.52 Germany Router Market
184.108.40.206.1 Germany Router Market by End User
220.127.116.11.2 Germany Router Market by Type
18.104.22.168 UK Router Market
22.214.171.124.1 UK Router Market by End User
126.96.36.199.2 UK Router Market by Type
188.8.131.52 France Router Market
184.108.40.206.1 France Router Market by End User
220.127.116.11.2 France Router Market by Type
18.104.22.168 Russia Router Market
22.214.171.124.1 Russia Router Market by End User
126.96.36.199.2 Russia Router Market by Type
188.8.131.52 Spain Router Market
184.108.40.206.1 Spain Router Market by End User
220.127.116.11.2 Spain Router Market by Type
18.104.22.168 Italy Router Market
22.214.171.124.1 Italy Router Market by End User
126.96.36.199.2 Italy Router Market by Type
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe Router Market
184.108.40.206.1 Rest of Europe Router Market by End User
220.127.116.11.2 Rest of Europe Router Market by Type
6.3 Asia Pacific Router Market
6.3.1 Asia Pacific Router Market by End User
18.104.22.168 Asia Pacific Router IT & Telecom Market by Country
22.214.171.124 Asia Pacific Router BFSI Market by Country
126.96.36.199 Asia Pacific Router Education Market by Country
188.8.131.52 Asia Pacific Router Healthcare Market by Country
184.108.40.206 Asia Pacific Other End User Router Market by Country
6.3.2 Asia Pacific Router Market by Type
220.127.116.11 Asia Pacific Wireless Router Market by Country
18.104.22.168 Asia Pacific Router Market by Wireless Type
22.214.171.124.1 Asia Pacific Dual Router Market by Country
126.96.36.199.2 Asia Pacific Single Router Market by Country
188.8.131.52.3 Asia Pacific Tri Router Market by Country
184.108.40.206 Asia Pacific Wired Router Market by Country
6.3.3 Asia Pacific Router Market by Country
220.127.116.11 China Router Market
18.104.22.168.1 China Router Market by End User
22.214.171.124.2 China Router Market by Type
126.96.36.199 Japan Router Market
188.8.131.52.1 Japan Router Market by End User
184.108.40.206.2 Japan Router Market by Type
220.127.116.11 India Router Market
18.104.22.168.1 India Router Market by End User
22.214.171.124.2 India Router Market by Type
126.96.36.199 South Korea Router Market
188.8.131.52.1 South Korea Router Market by End User
184.108.40.206.2 South Korea Router Market by Type
220.127.116.11 Singapore Router Market
18.104.22.168.1 Singapore Router Market by End User
22.214.171.124.2 Singapore Router Market by Type
126.96.36.199 Malaysia Router Market
188.8.131.52.1 Malaysia Router Market by End User
184.108.40.206.2 Malaysia Router Market by Type
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia Pacific Router Market
18.104.22.168.1 Rest of Asia Pacific Router Market by End User
22.214.171.124.2 Rest of Asia Pacific Router Market by Type
6.4 LAMEA Router Market
6.4.1 LAMEA Router Market by End User
126.96.36.199 LAMEA Router IT & Telecom Market by Country
188.8.131.52 LAMEA Router BFSI Market by Country
184.108.40.206 LAMEA Router Education Market by Country
220.127.116.11 LAMEA Router Healthcare Market by Country
18.104.22.168 LAMEA Other End User Router Market by Country
6.4.2 LAMEA Router Market by Type
22.214.171.124 LAMEA Wireless Router Market by Country
126.96.36.199 LAMEA Router Market by Wireless Type
188.8.131.52.1 LAMEA Dual Router Market by Country
184.108.40.206.2 LAMEA Single Router Market by Country
220.127.116.11.3 LAMEA Tri Router Market by Country
18.104.22.168 LAMEA Wired Router Market by Country
6.4.3 LAMEA Router Market by Country
22.214.171.124 Brazil Router Market
126.96.36.199.1 Brazil Router Market by End User
188.8.131.52.2 Brazil Router Market by Type
184.108.40.206 Argentina Router Market
220.127.116.11.1 Argentina Router Market by End User
18.104.22.168.2 Argentina Router Market by Type
22.214.171.124 UAE Router Market
126.96.36.199.1 UAE Router Market by End User
188.8.131.52.2 UAE Router Market by Type
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia Router Market
220.127.116.11.1 Saudi Arabia Router Market by End User
18.104.22.168.2 Saudi Arabia Router Market by Type
22.214.171.124 South Africa Router Market
126.96.36.199.1 South Africa Router Market by End User
188.8.131.52.2 South Africa Router Market by Type
184.108.40.206 Nigeria Router Market
220.127.116.11.1 Nigeria Router Market by End User
18.104.22.168.2 Nigeria Router Market by Type
22.214.171.124 Rest of LAMEA Router Market
126.96.36.199.1 Rest of LAMEA Router Market by End User
188.8.131.52.2 Rest of LAMEA Router Market by Type
7.1.1 Company Overview
7.1.2 Financial Analysis
7.1.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.1.4 Research & Development Expenses
7.1.5 Recent strategies and developments:
184.108.40.206 Product Launches and Product Expansions:
7.2 D-link Corporation
7.2.1 Company Overview
7.2.2 Financial Analysis
7.2.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.2.4 Research & Development Expenses
7.2.5 Recent strategies and developments:
220.127.116.11 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
18.104.22.168 Product Launches and Product Expansions:
7.3 Belkin International Inc. (Foxconn)
7.3.1 Company Overview
7.3.2 Financial Analysis
7.3.3 Regional Analysis
7.3.4 Research & Development Expense
7.3.5 Recent strategies and developments:
22.214.171.124 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
126.96.36.199 Product Launches and Product Expansions:
7.4 Cisco Systems, Inc.
7.4.1 Company Overview
7.4.2 Financial Analysis
7.4.3 Regional Analysis
7.4.4 Research & Development Expense
7.4.5 Recent strategies and developments:
188.8.131.52 Product launches and Product Expansions:
7.4.6 SWOT Analysis
7.5 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.)
7.5.1 Company Overview
7.5.2 Financial Analysis
7.5.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.5.4 Research & Development Expense
7.5.5 Recent strategies and developments:
184.108.40.206 Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
220.127.116.11 Product Launches and Product Expansions:
7.6 Netgear, Inc.
7.6.1 Company Overview
7.6.2 Financial Analysis
7.6.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.6.4 Research & Development Expenses
7.6.5 Recent strategies and developments:
18.104.22.168 Product Launches and Product Expansions:
7.7 Xiaomi Corporation
7.7.1 Company Overview
7.7.2 Financial Analysis
7.7.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.7.4 Research & Development Expense
7.7.5 Recent strategies and developments:
22.214.171.124 Product Launches and Product Expansions:
7.7.6 SWOT Analysis
7.8 EERO LLC (Amazon.com)
7.8.1 Company Overview
7.8.2 Financial Analysis
7.8.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.9 Synology Inc.
7.9.1 Company Overview
7.9.2 Recent strategies and developments:
126.96.36.199 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
188.8.131.52 Product Launches and Product Expansions:
7.10. TP link Technologies Co. Ltd
7.10.1 Company Overview
7.10.2 Recent strategies and developments:
184.108.40.206 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements:
220.127.116.11 Product Launches and Product Expansions:
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
- Belkin International Inc. (Foxconn)
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- D-link Corporation
- Eero LLC. (Amazon.com)
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Synology Inc.
- TP link Technologies CO. Ltd.