Fiscal Stimulus Boost and Tax Reforms Enable Strong Future Growth Potential
2020 was a year of uncertainty for the US economy. It grappled with a contraction in its output as an economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic. In addition, the new US administration has signaled tectonic shifts in economic policy, which will influence growth recovery. As the economy stages a strong recovery in 2021 - buoyed by large-scale federal spending, policy rate cuts, and the Federal Reserve’s asset purchase program - many stakeholders have questions on the growth opportunities for US businesses, sectors that will drive economic growth, and the evolution of the trade and investment environment under the new administration.
This research provides insights into the drivers and restraints for the US economy between 2021 and 2025. The publisher details opportunities that will emerge from the US administration’s spending push over the current decade. We offer insights for businesses to leverage policy shifts to their advantage and minimize supply chain vulnerabilities amid an uncertain trade outlook with China. This research is a forward-looking macroeconomic assessment of elements such as trade and investment, government spending, consumption, and labor market trends. This research also highlights industries and partner economies that will emerge as winners from US policy shifts.
A key feature of this research is the analysis of new taxation policies and the resulting strategic imperatives that businesses will have to undertake to minimize the impact on profitability. The research also discusses industries that will benefit from subsidies to attract greater investments to fortify domestic manufacturing capabilities.
Through a comprehensive analysis of policy shifts for the next five years, the author offers economic growth opportunities for diverse stakeholders such as businesses, investors, and policymakers as the US and the global economy emerge from the pandemic. This report defines the context of these opportunities and the call to action for companies to drive growth. It identifies and expands on the top strategic imperatives for businesses that will be key to ensuring growth during rapidly transformative times.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the outlook for the US economy’s growth?
- How will the new administration’s trade and investment policy evolve?
- How will the monetary policy change in response to a robust economic recovery?
- Which are the industries in focus as part of the federal spending boost?
- What are the proposed changes to taxation policies impacting business profitability?
- What are some of the key growth opportunities emerging from US policy shifts?
- What are the top three strategic imperatives related to the US economy and business environment that firms should prioritize?
Table of Contents
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the Economic Environment in the United States
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
- The US Economic Environment - An Overview
- Key Economic Metrics
- Economic Growth Drivers
- Economic Growth Restraints
- COVID-19 and Economic Recovery Plans
- Antitrust Laws and Competition Policies
- Government Expenditure Priority Areas
- Timeline for Key Fiscal Expenditure Areas
- Industries Promoted by the Government Until 2025
- New Taxation Laws
- Monetary Policy Shifts and Outlook
- Federal Balance Sheet Trends and Outlook
- Investment Policy Shifts and Outlook
- Trade Policy Shifts and Outlook
- Global Industries in Focus with Key Trade Partners
- Bilateral and Multilateral Trade Policy
- GDP Growth Outlook 2019-2025
- Consumer Spending Outlook
- Labor Market Outlook and Policy Shift
- Key Mega Trends
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Policy Shift to Drive Growth in Clean Energy Projects
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Infrastructure Push to Expand Private Opportunities in Construction
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Policy Incentives to Drive Private Investments in Advanced Technologies
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Domestic Manufacturing Boost to Secure Critical Supply Chains
- Growth Opportunity 5 - Antitrust Reform to Boost Competition by Limiting Predatory Behavior
- List of Exhibits
- Legal Disclaimer