1h Free Analyst TimeThe power sector is undergoing a tremendous tech-driven transformation in the way energy is generated, transmitted, and distributed. Thanks to emerging technologies such as blockchain, 3D printing, AI, big data, and the cloud, the sector is seeing modern technical implementations ranging from smart asset manufacturing to improved engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) procedures and digitally connected end-users. This is exacerbated by growing environmental concerns, which necessitate the use of sustainable energy sources. This report highlights how the power sector is embracing such solutions to encourage innovation and accelerate change.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Innovations: presents real-world innovation use cases and examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies by companies as well as startups in the power sector. It casts light on how tech-enabled innovations are transforming every segment of the sector value chain.
- Theme Exposure: Presents the top themes impacting the sector over the last three years compared to other sectors.
- Innovation Map: key real-world innovation use cases of emerging technologies implemented by enterprises and startups in the sector.
- Innovation Insights: innovation examples by each value chain segment of the sector to present key trends.
- Vendor Map: represents a sample list of vendors in each use case highlighted in the report.
Reasons to Buy
- No surprise that technology has been a driving force in business transformation for years, but the term ‘emerging technologies’ has all of the sudden become the key catalyst to drive the next wave of innovation across sectors.
- The sense of urgency weighs different across different sectors, where the direct customer-facing sectors are at the forefront compared to other capital-intensive sectors. Companies in one sector can take cues from successful innovations in other sectors to either draw analogies with existing products, services, and processes or transfer strategic approaches for a revolutionary transformation.
- Against this backdrop, enterprises need to understand which emerging technologies are impacting their sector and how various companies are implementing them to meet various challenges.
- The innovation landscape report in power, published by The publisher as part of an ongoing series, covers some of the key trends, use cases, and real-world examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies across the power sector value chain.
Table of Contents1. Sector innovation insights: overview
2. What are the key sector strategic challenges faced?
3. Which technologies are helping the sector?
4. Theme exposure map: sector benchmarking
5. Innovation map by sector value chain: key use cases
5.1 Equipment Manufacture
5.2 Engineering, Procurement & Construction
5.4 Transmission & Distribution
5.5 End User
6. Vendor map by sector value chain: key use cases
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Aalto University
- Eagle Transport
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Gas One
- JD Digits
- National Grid ESO
- PayGo Energy
- Schneider Electric
- Southern California Edison
- Sun Exchange
- Sync Energy
- University of Notre Dame
- Wire Pulse
- Zero Mass Water