In this annual outlook edition, the publisher presents the results and analysis of the annual Snapshot Survey and takes on the task of framing an Environmental Industry Outlook for 2020, resetting its forecast for 2020 and 2021 in the wake of the unprecedented coronavirus crisis. Survey respondents provide business responses to the Covid-19 shutdown and reflect on morale and pathways forward. Executive Q&As profile companies enduring the crisis and reflecting the resilient nature of the environmental industry.
Table of Contents
- Environmental Industry Outlook 2021 takes stock of the year that was 2020, but looks forward to 2021 and 2022, and likely priorities of the Biden administration.
- The survey results reveal a mixed bag of results in 2020, but a fairly uniform sense of optimism that growth is much more than a function of COVID relief.
- KCI Water/Environmental Group bolstered by the steady growth in compliance-driven water business through pandemic
- Potomac-Hudson Engineering sees 2021 as a year of transition; Benefits from three decades of federal services & technology focus on information
- iSi combines EHS & industrial services into a client-responsive service offering incorporating EHS, EJ & ESG
- West Yost adapts during the pandemic; increases outsourcing, technology & cyber-security in municipal water
- EFI Global bounces back quickly from COVID-19 setbacks - optimistic about strong recovery in due diligence & remediation services
- Landau Associates expects strong markets to continue through 2022; state regs & uncertainty drive client demand
- SLR continues geographic and M&A expansion; sets ambitious goals as a leading global ESG advisory firm
- EHS Support expects surge in demand for EH&S services to continue after COVID; Sees opportunities in a number of niche sectors
- Labella Associates continues 20%+ growth; Waste & recycling practice weathers COVID-19 and prepares for PFAS
- E2 Consulting Engineers accelerates growth and efficiency by advancing digital workplaces & ‘big data’
- Ausenco & Hemmera build off of climate change practice into ESG advisory