In an era when the chemical industry landscape is incessantly evolving, our comprehensive analysis on the Global Benzene-Toluene-Xylene (BTX) Market becomes an indispensable guide for senior executives. This exceptional report offers insightful data that underline the key growth influencers in the sector, enabling you to make strategic decisions in favor of your enterprise's expansion and profitability.
BTX is increasingly relevant due to the expanding application of benzene and toluene in a spectrum of chemical usages. Simultaneously, bio-based BTX's potential beckons promising opportunities, fueling the overall market growth. Notably, the Asia-Pacific region is witnessing a strong surge in its developmental stride in powerhouse nations like India, China, and Japan, indicating a dominant market presence. However, the adverse effects of BTX can pose a potential challenge to its growing market trajectory. Empower your strategic decisions with a market understanding that goes beyond the conventional.
- The growing significance of benzene and toluene in various chemical applications is expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period.
- On the flip side, the harmful effects of benzene-toluene-xylene (BTX) are expected to hinder the market's growth.
- Moreover, the increasing usage of bio-based Benzene-Toluene-Xylene (BTX) is expected to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period owing to its growing development in major countries such as India, China, and Japan.
Benzene-Toluene-Xylene (BTX) Market Trends
Ethylbenzene to Dominate the Benzene Application Segments
- Ethylbenzene is obtained through acid-catalyzed alkylation of benzene with ethylene. Ethylbenzene (EB) is the critical intermediate in the production of styrene, produced by the catalytic dehydrogenation of ethylbenzene, which gives hydrogen and styrene.
- Ethylbenzene is added to gasoline as an anti-knock agent to reduce engine knocking and increase the octane rating. Ethylbenzene is often found in other manufactured products, including pesticides, cellulose acetate, synthetic rubber, paints, and inks.
- Styrene is used primarily in polymer production for polystyrene, acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS), styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN) resins, styrene-butadiene elastomers, and latexes, and unsaturated polyester resins.
- The major styrene industry markets include packaging, electrical and electronic appliances, construction, automotive, and consumer products. According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturing, the production of New Energy Vehicles in the country witnessed a year-on-year increase of 96.9% in December 2022. Hence, impacting the market positively.
- In the fiscal year 2021, India produced around 12,720 metric tons of isobutyl benzene, representing an increase of 35% compared to 2021.
- Moreover, India is one of the major chemical industries in the world, producing more than 80,000 chemical products annually.
- Therefore, all factors above are expected to significantly impact the market's growth during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market studied, with the largest share of the total market volume, and is estimated to be the fastest-growing region during the forecast period.
- In the Asia-Pacific region, the growing significance of benzene and toluene in various chemical applications and the growing usage of xylene as solvents and monomers are driving the growth of the market studied.
- Xylene is a component of BTX. Xylene's majority share is used as a solvent, followed by monomers (mainly used in plastics and polymers). Its powerful solvent properties are used in printing, rubber, and leather processing.
- China is the world's largest plastics manufacturer, accounting for approximately one-third of worldwide production. According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, the country produced 80 million metric tons of plastic products in 2021, an increase of 5.27 % compared to the previous year, which in turn is fueling the market growth.
- According to IBEF, in India, the total value of plastics exported between April and September 2022 was USD 6.38 billion. Thus benefiting the market positively during the forecast period.
- Further, the largest export category in India was plastic raw materials, which accounted for 30.7% of all exports in 2021-2022 and increased by 26.5% from the previous year.
- Owing to all the factors above, the market for BTX in the region is projected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
Benzene-Toluene-Xylene (BTX) Market Competitor AnalysisThe global benzene toluene xylene (BTX) market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include China Petrochemical Corporation, Exxon Mobil Corporation, SABIC, Reliance Industries Limited, and PetroChina Company Limited, among others (in no particular order).
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Significance of Benzene, Toluene in Various Chemical Applications
4.1.2 Growing Usage of Xylene as Solvents and Monomers
4.2.1 Harmful Effects of Benzene-Toluene-Xylene (BTX)
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.2 Product - By Application
5.2.1 Benzene By Application
184.108.40.206 Other Applications
5.2.2 Toluene By Application
220.127.116.11 Paints and Coatings
18.104.22.168 Adhesives and Inks
22.214.171.124 Chemical Industry
126.96.36.199 Other Applications
5.2.3 Xylene By Application
188.8.131.52 Other Applications
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.2 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
6.4.3 CNOOC Ltd
6.4.5 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.7 IRPC Public Company Limited
6.4.8 JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation
6.4.9 MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL COMPANY, INC
6.4.10 OCI COMPANY Ltd.
6.4.11 PetroChina Company Limited
6.4.12 Reliance Industries Limited
6.4.13 Shell plc
6.4.14 China Petrochemical Corporation
6.4.16 S-OIL Corporation
6.4.17 SK innovation Co. Ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Bio-based Benzene-Toluene-Xylene (BTX)
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- BASF SE
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
- CNOOC Ltd
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- IRPC Public Company Limited
- JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation
- MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL COMPANY, INC
- OCI COMPANY Ltd.
- PetroChina Company Limited
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Shell plc
- China Petrochemical Corporation
- S-OIL Corporation
- SK innovation Co., Ltd.