OverviewThis webinar focuses on the steps necessary to evaluate and eventually select the best HR Technology solution for your organization. By understanding your current “points of pain” - those being your inefficient and ineffective paper intensive - excel based workarounds - and utilizing them in your documented Needs Analysis - you will begin the process of culling a potential HRMS solution from many hundreds to a small pool of candidates. Using proven techniques developed over 30 + years of independent HR Tech consulting, Marc Miller will share his expertise in building a comprehensive Request For Proposal (RFP), evaluating written proposals submitted by your pool of vendors, identifying those worthy of being asked to demonstrate their products’ features, functions and support, and finally providing methods to select your leading candidates and how to end up with the most appropriate HRMS solution for your environment.
With provided templates along the evaluation and selection process - plus an overview of who the leading vendors are in the HRMS arena and their strengths and weaknesses, this webinar gives attendees a comprehensive project team oriented approach to making the most appropriate (and important) decision - in order to gain a strategic business partner - and not just another software vendor.
Why you should AttendThis webinar is for any senior leader - who wants to initiate a new or upgraded HRMS solution Evaluation and Selection Project.
It will provide the criteria to determine which HRMS solution best fits your company’s environment. Additionally, the latest trends in what HRMS vendors deliver in terms of workforce analytics and other applications will be discussed.
The impact of COVID on the need for HR Technology to maintain all appropriate data and then information on the workforce will be focused on.
A best practice RFP document will be suggested, with a section-by-section review of potential contents.
The Evaluation Project - team roles, SME roles, time commitments and overall timeframes from start to final selection will be discussed.
Templates showing best practices will be provided, including:
- RFP - suggested contents - section by section
- Vendor Response - codes associated with their required narrative response to your Needed Requirements Statements
- Core Team - guidelines for reading and evaluating submitted written Proposals
- Suggested Demo Agenda - time slots and topics over the course of nearly 2 days
- Final evaluation Factors - used in making the final selection from among 2 - 3 finalist candidates
Areas Covered in the Session
- DETERMINING THE BEST FIT FOR HR TECH IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
- The HRMS solution provider LANDSCAPE IN 2021 and beyond
- How to determine which HRM providers your organization needs to consider
- Determining your Requirements
- “Points of Pain” priorities
- The use of an RFI (Request for Information) as a first step in fine tuning your potential vendor pool
- EVALUATING YOUR HRM SOLUTION VENDOR CANDIDATES
- Developing the detailed RFP - a section by section discussion of contents
- How to evaluate Submitted Written Proposals from HR Technology Vendors
- Criteria and scoring methods and worksheets for the core project team
- Templates for Core Team and SME guidance in reading submitted proposals
- PREPARING FOR THE ONSITE (OR VIRTUAL) HRMS SOLUTION PROVIDER’S PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION
- Preparing the detailed Demo Agenda - timings, functions and sequence etc.
- Provided: sample HRMS demo agendas, etc.
- Who should participate in the Demo sessions - and why? - managing expectations and the roles of the “Core” Project Team and needed SME (Subject Matter Experts)
- SELECTING YOUR HRMS (HR TECHNOLOGY) SOLUTION PROVIDER
- Suggested “Final Factors” - to be weighed and scored by the Core Project Team
- Provided: template listing of over 15 Final Factors and their definition to be considered for use
- Determining the need for Cost Justification to Senior Leadership
Marc S. Miller as a thought leader, consultant, speaker and author, is a nationally respected authority on Human Resource Information Systems with over 35 years experience with all aspects of technology solutions for Human Resources. His nationwide consulting firm, a sole proprietorship, together with his industry visibility, has made Marc S. Miller one of the HR Technology industry's most recognized voices. He uses his thought leadership, significant industry experience and contacts to provide insight into the important trends surrounding HR Technology. In great demand, Marc has been a featured speaker and presenter at numerous HR and HCM technology meetings both industry focused and at many HRMS providers User Conferences. He teaches as an Adjunct Professor, HRM and HR Technology for NYU-Tandon, Manhattan College and LIU. His blogs and webinars are always well viewed and attended. His 2012 book, "HeroicHR", now in its Second Edition, remains in high demand. His latest book THE DEATH OF HR: WHO KILLED H. (Harriet) R. (Rose) Job? - A Cautionary Tale and Detective Story - also in its Second Edition is available through his website, publisher (PYP Press) and Amazon.
Who Should Attend
- HRM Professionals (all levels)
- HR Technology Leaders
- Project Managers
- Workforce Analytics Professionals