The import and export of hemp in the EU is controlled by the Common Agricultural Policy, which outlines specific rules for its movement across borders. The recent Kanavape case decision means that in theory CBD isolate should be allowed to move freely within the EU, but a number of countries have yet to update their rules.
This report offers a comprehensive overview of the regulatory framework for the movement of hemp and CBD within the EU’s borders as well as the import and export to and from “third countries”. If you have an interest in the movement of hemp and CBD in Europe, then this report will provide you with everything that you need to know about the regulations that are currently in place. Both hemp and CBD are covered within the scope of this report, with information about movement both within the EU and to/from third parties and in relation to import duties and licences. Individual country-specific legislation is also included at the end of the report, which is taken from the publisher's regulatory tracker.
The research is completely original and conducted by the publisher’s multilingual legal analysis team using several sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and via the collaboration with local lawyers and on-the-ground professionals.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- CBD isolates
- Relevant laws
- Relevant bodies
- EU country-specific import/export rules
- Non-EU European markets
- Consumer and market participant (manufacturer/brand) surveys.
- Consolidation of publicly available information.
- Legal tracking through legal database checking and sourcing information from government regulators and other law-making bodies.
- Pricing and product information from online and offline retail data gathering, including local fieldwork teams.
- Findings from key industry events and interviews with leading market players and opinion leaders.
- Partnerships with leading research agencies.
- Quantitative and qualitative research and client collaborations.
- Cross-referenced data between markets.
- Tamarind Media proprietary market model.
Please note that each report has its own methodology, so you should always refer to the methodology applied in the report you purchase.