Why Should You Attend:
The four principle objectives behind Basel are:
- To promote soundness and stability of the global banking and financial system
- To enhance competitive equality
- To provide a more competitive approach to addressing risks and promote best practices in risk management (the original Accord failed to address credit risk and operational risk)
- To provide a more widely applicable approach to the capital assessment process.
At the heart of the Basel requirements for international credit-risk management is the need to have sound data behind customer identification and risk assessment. Information technology represents the greatest area of risk on an operational level for the successful implementation of Basel II compliance. Data quality and audit-ability is the cornerstone of an end-to-end global compliance solution.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Banking Risk management
- Risk mitigation strategies
- Risk assessment processes
- Operating risk auditing
- Market risk
- Credit risk models
- The Basel Accords