The cloud represents the most critical aspect of digital transformation, according to respondents to the publisher's 2021 Global Cloud User survey. As such, companies continue to build out their hybrid, multicloud environments to support strategic business goals, such as agility and improved customer experience. In the tenth annual survey of IT decision-makers responsible for cloud implementations, respondents representing a range of industries, company sizes, and world regions share their perceptions, plans, and behaviors related to cloud infrastructure, choice of a public cloud provider, data growth, and managed services.
Among interesting findings:
- Increasing digitalization is driving growth across all cloud and traditional IT models. Businesses deploying apps in edge or colocation facilities will double in the next two years.
- The increasing complexity and urgency associated with digital transformation is driving more businesses to engage with managed service providers. Top-used services relate to optimization of workloads and costs.
- Becoming more “data-centric” is a priority for 61% of respondents, who report average data growth of 44% per year.
The survey results offer enterprises and IT service providers a glimpse of the near-future of the cloud market.
- Key Findings
- Research Objectives and Methodology
- Respondent Profile
- Business Priorities Reflect Shift from Survival to Growth
- Organizations Perceive Cloud as an Essential Technology
- Adoption Continues Up the Cloud Stack
- All Infrastructure Options - Traditional and Cloud - are Growing
- The Hybrid, Multicloud Supports Modern Application Deployment
- Organizations See Benefits in Using Multiple Public Clouds
- Why Organizations Choose to Deploy Apps in the Public Cloud
- Why Organizations Choose to Deploy Apps on Premises
- Repatriating Sub-optimized Applications
- Businesses Rely on More Data, of More Types
- As Data Volumes Grow, They Remain in Place
- Third-Party Partners Support Enterprise Digitalization Strategies
- Managed Service Providers Offer Ongoing Cloud Workload Optimization
- Benefits of Engaging a Managed Cloud Services Provider
- List of Exhibits
- Legal Disclaimer