This issue of High-Tech Materials Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) showcases growth opportunities in composites and sustainable materials. Innovations in focus include compostable seaweed packaging that offers an alternative solution to plastic packaging used for food applications, an electrolyzer technology that uses carbon-based nanofibers for modernizing industrial scale hydrogen production, casein-based plastic material that improves biodegradability of paper or cardboard packaging, coating that offers high visibility even through fog and rain, low-frequency acoustic insulation composites with excellent noise cancellation property.
The TOE also covers microbial re-engineered enzyme-based non-toxic dyes in vibrant color scale with potential application in textile sector, iridium nanocatalysts with a 10% cost reduction of PEM electrolyzer and improved performance and stability, solid drug nanomaterial technology that enhances drug delivery and improves treatment efficacy, and a blockchain-enabled digital platform to connect waste collectors and recyclers.
The High-Tech Materials TOE provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications, and strategic insights on various materials across industries. Some material technologies include lightweight materials, bio–based materials, ceramics, smart materials, fibers, nanomaterials, responsive materials, polymers, woven and non woven materials, polymers and plastics and packaging materials.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
Table of Contents
1. Innovations in Polymeric Composites, Coating Materials, and Sustainable Materials
- Compostable Seaweed Packaging Offers An Alternative Solution to Plastic Packaging Used for Food Applications
- Compostable Seaweed Packaging Promises Zero-Waste Benefits and New Growth Opportunities for Seaweed Farmers
- Oceanium - Investor Dashboard
- Electrolyzer Technology Modernizing Industrial Scale Hydrogen Production Using Carbon-based Nanofibers
- Smoltek’s Nanotechnology Promises Electrolyzers With 2-3 Times Better Surface Efficiency
- Smoltek Innovation - Investor Dashboard
- Casein-Based Plastic Material Improves Biodegradability of Paper or Cardboard Packaging
- Lactips’ Plastic-Free Paper Uses a Cellulose Matrix Coating Solution That Offers High Barrier Performance and Solubility
- Lactips - Investor Dashboard
- Water-Resistant Coating That Offers High Visibility Even Through Fog and Rain
- Electroluminescent Automotive Coatings That Can Be Programmed Through Remote/Mobile App to Turn on and Off
- Darkside Scientific Inc. - Investor Dashboard
- Low-Frequency Acoustic Insulation Composites With Excellent Noise Cancellation Property
- Smart Acoustic Metamaterial Has Potential Applications in the Construction, Aerospace, and Automotive Industries
- Lios - Investor Dashboard
- Microbial Re-Engineered Enzyme-Based Non-Toxic Dyes in Vibrant Color Scale With Potential Application in Textile Sector
- Dyes Are Compliant With Stringent Environment Regulations for Industrial Applications
- Pili Inc. - Investor Dashboard
- Iridium Nanocatalysts With a 10% Cost Reduction of the PEM Electrolyzer and Improved Performance and Stability
- Low-Material Loss in Mass Transportation Improving the Lifespan of PEM Electrolyzers
- Cenmat - Investor Dashboard
- Solid Drug Nanomaterial Technology Enhancing Drug Delivery and Improving Treatment Efficacy
- Long-Acting Injectable Formulations With Improved Therapeutic Response and Reduced Viral Rebound
- TNL - Investor Dashboard
- Blockchain-Enabled Digital Platform to Connect Waste Collectors and Recyclers
- Closed Loop Supply Chain Enables Transparency and Traceability of Plastic Waste Recycling at All Stages of Supply Chain
- Plastic Bank - Investor Dashboard
- High Temperature Resistance of LPP-based Messenger RNA Vaccine Prolongs Vaccine Lifecycle by Reducing the Risk of Side Effects
- Better Immune Response and High Efficacy on the Viral Diseases Make the LPP Platform Suitable for Vaccine Manufacturing
- Stemirna Therapeutics - Investor Dashboard
2. Key Contacts
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Darkside Scientific Inc.
- Pili Inc.
- Plastic Bank
- Smoltek Innovation
- Stemirna Therapeutics