The French metal fabrication equipment market is strongly growing in the European region. Europe is the second-largest market for metal fabrication equipment across the world.
- The market is also driven by the growing share of the basic metal and fabricated metal products, which constitute about 12% of the country’s entire manufacturing sector. They are increasingly used in the manufacturing, construction, and oil and gas industries in various applications, such as cutting, machining, forming, and welding processes.
- Based on the end-user industry, the type of equipment and the volume of sales are being driven. For example, while cutting and machining are extensively used in the manufacturing and construction sectors, the oil and gas sector utilizes most of the forming and welding equipment services.
- In recent times, with the recovery of the French manufacturing sector, there has been increased growth in the sales of cutting and machining tools over forming and welding equipment. The country's construction industry registered a growth rate of 2.6% in 2017, in real terms. The industry's output value, in real terms, is expected to record a CAGR of 1.95% over the forecast period - up from -0.19% during 2013-2017.
Key Market Trends
Manufacturing Production is a Key Trend in Demand Generation in the Market
In November 2019, manufacturing production in the country recorded an increase of 1.2% over the same month in 2018. It accounted for about 86% of the total production. This trend largely drives the equipment industry. The biggest segments within the manufacturing sector are food products and beverages (13% of the total production); machinery and equipment goods (13%), of which computer, electronics, and optical products account for 5%; basic metals and fabricated metal products (12%); other manufacturing, repair, and installation of machinery and equipment (12%); transport equipment (10%); rubber and plastic products, and other non-metallic mineral products (8%); and chemicals and chemical products (6%).
Cutting Equipment Segment of the Market Growing at a Fast Pace
The increasing demand for mechanized cutting equipment in fabrication is expected to be one of the major trends fueling the growth of the cutting equipment segment of the market in the coming future. In developed countries like France, due to the shortage of skilled labor, the demand for cutting automation technology for fabrication and manufacturing purposes is witnessing a surge. However, in the coming future, metal forming products may outperform metal cutting machinery, with multiple trends expected to fuel the growth.
The French metal fabrication equipment market is fragmented, with a huge scope for future companies to enter, as the country is looking forward to more innovative and energy-efficient methods to manufacture and utilize equipment in various end-user industries.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Competitive rivalry within the Industry
4.5 Industry Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Technological Advancements in the French Metal Fabrication Market
4.7 Government Regulations and Key Initiatives in the French Metal Fabrication Market
5.2 End-user industry
5.2.1 Oil and Gas
5.2.3 Power and Utilities
5.2.5 Other end-user industries
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Schuco International
6.2.2 JIER Group
6.2.7 MAG Giddings & Lewis