Africa ready to drink coffee market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.3% during the forecast period.
- The demand for ready to drink beverages has witnessed growth due to the busy lifestyle and ready-to-drink coffee, being an excellent source of instant energy is becoming popular amongst youngsters as well the middle-aged working population.
- Ready to drink coffee is a healthy substitute of carbonated drinks which are associated with health hazards such as obesity and hypertension. The RTD coffee provides convenience by utilizing either brewed coffee or coffee extract that can be consumed in hot and cold form.
- Manufacturers are focusing on new product development with different flavors as a key strategy to expand their business and improve sales and distribution of RTD coffee.
Key Market Trends
Increased Coffee Production
The growing demand for coffee consumption domestically and internationally provides an opportunity for African coffee market to grow its coffee production. Coffee consumption in Africa is changing, especially, in the urban areas. The rise in middle-class income has also helped to increase coffee consumption. There has also been a general increase in the demand for specialty and more premium coffees such as origin-specific coffees. Having more coffee choices and fewer restrictions in selecting the best coffee are helping in the opening of specialty stores in the region. With an increase in consumer behavior towards an appreciation for good-quality coffee and desire for the sophisticated coffee taste profile is further helping the ready to drink coffee market to grow during the forecast period.
Rising Demand for Bottled RTD
Packing of all beverages by almost all major players are made more attractive, so as to increase the sales of their products. Also, packages in various quantities are made available for easy usage. Glass bottle and pet bottle are widely used around the world. Pet bottles are preferred more than the traditional glass bottles, as new technology enables these bottles to do more than just hold beverages. These bottles aid in improving the shelf life and preservation apart from being available in economy formats. Pet bottles are manufactured in such a way that consumers can either heat or cool the coffee depending on their requirements. These hot/cool bottles come in a handy ‘grab and go’ sizes and can be used conveniently. Products in bottled format can be consumed all at once or can be stored. Caps or lids over these bottles also play an important role as they preserve the freshness and aroma of the drinks.
Africa ready to drink coffee market is consolidated and the major players include Starbucks Corporation, Nestle SA, The Coca-Cola Company, Chameleon Cold Brew. The key strategies being used by these market players are that of focusing on the expansion of new facilities and launching new products & services.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
220.127.116.11 Glass Bottles
18.104.22.168 Pet Bottles
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Specialist Stores
5.2.4 Online Retail
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Africa
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 DD IP Holder LLC (Dunkin' Brands)
6.4.2 Starbucks Corporation
6.4.3 Fit Brewing Co
6.4.4 Nestle SA
6.4.5 Chameleon Cold Brew
6.4.6 The Coca-Cola Company