The portable filtration system market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 1% over the period of 2020-2025. Factors such as increasing industrialization, increasing use of biofuels, growing application as a low cost and efficient load relieving method are expected to drive the market. However, decreasing usage of coolant in the power generation industry due to growing renewable energy is expected to restraint the market.
- The oil and gas industry is expected to be a significant segment in the market due to the usage of portable filtration unit as a method to reduce the money spent on lubricants and backup for the central filtration unit.
- Increasing growth in the different sectors related to a portable filtration system like paper and pulp industry is expected to act as an opportunity for the market players.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest market in the forecast period owing to its large-scale increase in industrialization. China and India are expected to lead the portable filtration system in the region.
Key Market Trends
Oil and Gas Industry to be a Significant Segment
- The portable filtration system is used to pump out fluid from a reservoir and pass it again through the filter to remove contamination from the liquid. The control and prevention of contamination of fluids ensure optimum performance, improved reliability, and extended service life of machinery, equipment. However, the consequences of using contaminated fuel and lubricant oil are often under-estimated. The leading cause of contamination in diesel and lubricant oils is water and dirt ingress. Foreign materials encourage the culture of bacteria, which feed on hydrocarbons, degrading fuel quality.
- Filtration systems can help reclaim used fluids, saving man-hours, and costs of oil changes and disposal. The portable filtration system is equipped with its own pump and motor and mounted on a portable cart, and the system employs a simple approach to filtering that removes both solid contaminants and the water contamination and brings used fluids back to a cleaner level. This helps reduce spending money on buying new coolants and lubricants in the oil and gas industry. Increasing profitability for the users is among the consistent drivers for the portable filtration system market.
- Particulate in the coolants and lubricants can damage expense valves, pumps, and other hydraulic system components resulting in down production time and lost money from shorter product life. In the downstream sector where excessive usage of pumps is required, particulate may cause problems in the machinery and reduce the system's overall efficiency. To reduce the losses many downstream companies have started using portable filtration system as a backup load reliever which may aid the growth of the market.
- One of the primary usages of a portable filtration system is the use of filtration of the lubricants. According to Fuchs Petrolub, Asia-Pacific has the highest demand of lubricants, with 43%, in 2018. The lubricants industry is expected to increase further in the forecast period and aid the growth of the portable filtration system market.
- Hence, Oil and Gas is expected to be a significant segment in the forecast period due to its potential to be used as a relief unit for the main filtration system and reclaiming used fluids.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific regions is the most populous region and are among the largest user of portable filtration systems. The cost-effectiveness and easy to use mechanics of the equipment has made the system quite popular in the Asia-Pacific region.
- There has been an increase in the use of biofuels blending with gasoline or as an alternative to gasoline in the region. This is expected to increase the use of portable filtration as a mechanism to remove the impurities in the biofuel in the forecast period.
- The region is expanding in industrialization in countries such as China and India. Many sectors that require the use of portable filtration systems such as power generation and manufacturing industries are expected to grow in the region, in the forecast period and are expected to provide growth to the portable filtration system market.
- The machinery and equipment in operation in pulp and paper mills are dependent on the control and maintenance of fluids to desired operating conditions. From hydraulics to lubrication, recycled waters, and chemicals to boiler feed water, a pulp and paper mill's operation can be improved by the proper selection of filtration technologies. The Asia-Pacific region is one of the largest producers and users of paper and pulp. The growth in the paper and pulp industry is expected to aid the portable filtration system market.
- In many industries, it may be used as a mechanism to relieve load on the primary flow filter, which helps in the continued productivity. It may also be used in case there are some issues related to the primary route of filtration, and an emergency route is required. Such applications make the unit indispensable in the industry. In developing regions such as Asia-Pacific, cost-effective methods like these helps increase the sector's growth and increase the usage of portable filtration systems.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market in the forecast period due to an increase in economic growth, rising industrialization, and growing use of the equipment as a backup.
The portable filtration system market is fragmented. Some of the key players in this market are Eaton Corporation Inc, Donaldson Company, Inc, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, Bosch Rexroth AG and Des-Case Corporation.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Pulp and Paper
5.1.2 Oil and Gas
5.1.3 Power Generation
5.2.1 North America
5.2.2 South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Bosch Rexroth AG
6.3.2 Des-Case Corporation
6.3.3 Donaldson Company, Inc.
6.3.4 Norman Filter Company LLC
6.3.5 Trico Corporation
6.3.6 MP Filtri S.p.A.
6.3.7 Pall Corporation
6.3.8 Parker Hannifin Corp
6.3.9 HYDAC INTERNATIONAL GmbH
6.3.10 Eaton Corporation