The North American fire sprinkler market (henceforth, referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 2.85 billion in 2019, and it is projected to be worth USD 4.40 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 9.81% during the period, 2020-2025. The protection of life and property and prevention of loss or damage due to fire incidents is one of the prominent reasons for the increasing demand of the fire sprinkler system in the North America region.
- According to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), in 2019, local fire departments responded to an estimated 1.3 million fires that have caused roughly 3,700 civilian fire deaths, and 16,600 reported civilian fire injuries, and property damage was estimated at USD 14.8 billion in the United States. In addition, on average, a fire department responded to a fire somewhere in the United States every 24 seconds in 2019.
- The North American fire sprinkler market is witnessing growth in the services solution, which includes the design, installation, maintenance services, inspection and managed services, among others. According to Manitoba Health Canada, since 2015, Manitoba province has spent CAD 25.5 million in the installation of fire sprinklers at the personal care homes and hospitals. In addition, it has been allocating CAD 7 million annually toward sprinklers and other fire safety equipment in health facilities.
- Among different types of fires system, the wet pipe fire system is witnessing significant growth in the region owing to its nature of installation and components, low maintenance, cost-efficient for owners. In addition, the high rises or commercial buildings with more than one floor commonly installs wet pipe sprinkler systems the most.
- The industrial sector will also witness prominent growth of the market owing to the high fire risk associated with the various sector such as manufacturing, oil & gas, mining, among others where flammable and combustible materials such as petroleum, crude oil, flammable gases (such as butane), coal, and many others are used in these sectors that are highly susceptible to the fire where installation of the fire sprinkler system prevent fires in these sectors.
- According to NFSA, before Covid-19, the fire sprinkler industry was booming in the United States. With the outbreak of the COVID-19, the market for a free sprinkler system in the region is expected to witness significant growth owing to stay at home mandates where there are chances of the home cooking fire. Thus, various associations and government bodies are emphasizing on the importance of using a home sprinkler system to prevent such fire accident causes. As the pandemic pressed in, NFSA reacted swiftly to ensure that states included fire sprinkler contractors on lists of essential workers that has resulted in a positive impact on the market studied.
Key Market Trends
Dry-Pipe Sprinkler System is expected to register Fastest Growth
- Dry Pipe Systems are frequently installed in areas subject to freezing temperatures, such as unheated storage areas, coolers and freezers, unheated parking garages, and loading docks. As stated in the NFPA 13 standard, these sprinkler systems are intended for applications where the ambient temperature cannot be kept at a minimum of 40°F at all times. According to the Chicago Municipal Code, a dry pipe system is only permitted only where the temperature is not high enough to prevent water from freezing in all or sections of a system.
- According to the NFPA 13 standard, Dry Pipe Sprinkler System employs automatic and closed-type sprinkler heads, which are connected to a piping system containing compressed air or nitrogen, rather than water. The sprinkler piping generally has a pressure five times higher than the water supply to hold the valve closed. A typical system side pressure is 40 psi.
- One of the contributing reason of the expected growth is according to the NFPA13, in US, all newly constructed commercial buildings that are 5,000 square feet or larger must have fire sprinkler systems. With rise in the development of commercial building, the demand for dry-pipe sprinkler caters to the significant growth.
- In the United States, every year, facility owners spend thousands of dollars from their operating budget replacing auxiliary drains that collect water, freeze, and break. Dry fire sprinkler system repairs can cost around USD 5,000 to USD 10,000 or more every time an auxiliary drain fails. AGF Manufacturing recently introduced M5400A Auxiliary Drains, providing a temperature-controlled environment that deters system failures caused by freezing condensation in dry pipe system auxiliary drains.
- However, dry pipe systems are more expensive to install due to their technical complexity. The pipes themselves must also have a specified pitch angle to prevent water accumulation, and as a result, their installation is more labor-intensive compared with a wet-pipe system
Commercial Buildings to Hold a Significant Market Share
- Stringent government regulations, increasing investment in smart and advanced safety technologies, and high awareness regarding the studied market products are some of the major factors driving the studied segment growth. The segment is also one of the early adopters of the technology, hence making it among the major segment in the studied market.
- Unless its a smaller company, most commercial businesses are required by law to install some fire sprinkler system inside their commercial properties in most parts of the region. Most of these companies are shifting toward adopting fire protection systems with novel connectivity systems and reduced response times.
- North America accounts for 20-30% of the commercial kitchen fire protection system globally. The region has witnessed a rapid increase in the establishment of food manufacturing and processing units, across malls, hotels, and restaurants, hence the adoption of fire protection systems for industrial cooking also remains heavily fueled due to the safety regulation. Automated, wireless, and compact designs in fire safety systems that fit most industrial layouts are mainly finding traction among kitchen industry end-users.
- Increased inclination towards performance efficiency will continue to be the prime driver for developing technologically-advanced fire sprinkler systems in the commercial building.
- Although the recent COVID-19 outbreak affected the sales of the studied segment in the first half of 2020, the segment is expected to regain in the coming months. The market vendors are further increasing their innovation rate for enhanced safety.
The is North America Fire Sprinkler Systems Market is quite competitive and moderately fragmented. This is due to the presence of significant players such as Johnson Controls International PLC (Tyco), Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. Inc, Vanguard Fire & Security systems, etc. The prominent companies are entering into collaborations and are launching innovative solutions, to increase their market share.
July 2020 - Johnson Controls International launched OpenBlue - a complete suite of connected solutions and services that combine the Company's 135 years of building expertise with cutting-edge technology. This open digital platform, when integrated with Johnson Controls core building systems and enhanced by Fortune 100 technology partners, can make shared spaces safer, more agile and more sustainable.
March 2020 - Reliable Automatic Sprinklers announced the introduction of the Model FX Dry Pipe Valve. The Model FX Dry Pipe Valve is a differential type, externally resettable valve used to control water flow to a sprinkler system subject to temperatures below 40°F (4°C). The valve clapper is held in the set position by pneumatic pressure, which acts on a larger surface area than that of the incoming water pressure.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study?
4.2 Industry Value Chain and Supply Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Fire Safety Systems Implementation and Regulatory Standards
4.5 Market Drivers?
4.5.1 Stringent Government Regulations and Mandates
4.6 Market Challenges
4.6.1 High Cost of Retrofitting Fire Sprinklers in Existing Buildings
4.7 Impact Of COVID-19 on the Fire Suppression Systems Market
18.104.22.168 Wet-pipe Sprinkler System
22.214.171.124 Dry-pipe Sprinkler System
126.96.36.199 Pre-action Sprinkler System
188.8.131.52 Deluge Sprinkler System
6.1.2 Services (Design, Installation, Service, and Maintenance)
6.2 END-USER VERTICAL
6.2.1 Commercial Buildings (Offices, Malls, Hotels, and Restaurants)
6.2.2 Industrial buildings (Manufacturing Plants and Warehouses)
6.2.3 Residential Buildings (Apartments/High Rise, and Individual Houses)
6.3.1 United States
7.1.1 Johnson Controls International PLC (Tyco)
7.1.2 Fireline Corporation
7.1.3 Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. Inc.
7.1.4 Control Fire Inc.
7.1.5 Vanguard Fire & Security systems
7.1.6 Viking Automatic Sprinkler Company(API Group Inc.)
7.1.7 Western States Fire Protection Company (API Group Inc.)
7.1.8 Protegis Fire & Safety
7.1.9 Minimax Fire Solutions Inc.
7.1.10 Potter Electric Signal Company LLC
7.1.11 Anvil International (Tailwind Capital)
7.1.12 Shurjoint (Aalberts NV)