Global Packaging Pumps and Dispensers Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.68% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The growing need for premiumization and customization is forcing the end-user industry to invest in advanced packaging solutions. As pumps and dispensers witness continuous innovations in recent years, their adoption scope is also expanding among these end-users.
- Packaging pumps and dispensing solutions from sports caps up to sophisticated add extra functionality to products; while this comes with additional cost, it enables brands to reposition their goods as premium products. This is resulting in more sophisticated dispensers replacing basic screw caps and closures in many key applications.
- Product innovation, like airless packaging and smart dispensing, is still a significant differentiating factor among the market vendors to leverage competitive advantage. For instance, airless packaging has become a significant dispensing option, especially for products with sensitive or “clean” ingredients.
- Packaging pumps, dropper vials, and airless options, dispensers are also evolving to deliver improved efficiencies and eco-friendliness. According to Aptar Beauty + Home, sustainability and e-commerce friendly packaging are two megatrends in Beauty And Personal Care and Homecare industry.
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the surge in demand for the sanitizers and disinfectant sprays forced the packaging companies to increase the production of packaging pumps and dispensers. To achieve low cost to gain a competitive advantage, many companies are opting for locally manufactured options. For instance, US-based Aptar Beauty + Home increased its local production in North America to decrease its carbon footprint and also increasing the use of recycled resin in its products to reduce the introduction of virgin resins.
Key Market Trends
Body and Personal Care to Show Significant Growth
- Personal care packaging is essential for the beauty and cosmetic industry since it adds to the visual appeal and contributes to increasing the aesthetic value of the product. Thus, many players are continually investing in visually attractive packaging for hair care, skin care, deodorants, etc.
- The packaging pumps and dispensers in the cosmetic industry have grown significantly in recent years. The cosmetic industry has the most varied packaging requirements of all the other sectors. In Europe, according to the European Aerosol Production, in 2019, around 1.8 billion aerosol unit cans were produced for deodorants/antiperspirants, which were highest among all the personal care units. According to the British Aerosol Manufacturers' Association, personal care aerosols' production continues to dominate UK aerosol manufacturing, with more than 74% of the cans filled in this category.
- Haircare brands are also emerging as a significant adopter of packaging pumps and dispensers. Many shampoos and conditioner manufacturers are also increasingly investing in packaging pumps and dispensers. Aptar Beauty + Home partnered with haircare brand MONAT to provide a unique dispensing of Studio One Strong Flexi-Hold Hairspray. The product also got the 2019 ADF Innovation Award in personal care packaging innovation for the product.
- In 2019, P&G owned a haircare brand, Herbal Essences, partnered with TerraCycle to create a recyclable shampoo and conditioner packaging made with 25% beach plastic. Furthermore, vendors rely on partnerships and product innovations to remain relevant in the market. Coster Group was the first aerosol valve manufacturer to comply with cosmetic GMPs, meeting the highest manufacturing and service standards required by the industry. It obtained UNI EN ISO 22716:2008 certification on cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for three Italian plants.
North America to Hold the Highest Market Share
- With increased beauty consciousness among consumers and increased availability of advanced products, there is huge potential for the market to grow during the forecast period.North American people, especially women, are shifting to safe skin and hair care products because of increased concern about the side effects caused by unhealthy synthetic products.
- The North American manufacturer of dispensing and packaging solutions for personal care brands is expanding the use of post-consumer recycled resin (PCR) into their airless line with the launch of two new products: Micro ECO + Mezzo ECO.
- Micro ECO + Mezzo ECO incorporates up to 45% PCR in the combined components and are Cotrep certified for eco-design. Aptar’s entire range of locally-produced airless solutions are 100% plastic and ECO-Cert certified, provide optimal formula protection, and are compatible for a multitude of application fields including skin, hair and body care, color cosmetics and hand sanitizer.
- A new take on an eco-friendly dispensing pouch was granted a patent last November and is set to launch this month. SOPO, an acronym for Stick On Pull Off Dispenser, is a pre-filled pouch that attaches to the shower/tub wall and dispenses product when pressure is applied to the pouch via a gravity-fed, one-way silicone valve and spout at the bottom of the package.
Global Packaging Pumps and Dispensers Market is partially fragmented. Some of the major players in the market are Silgan Dispensing Systems, AptarGroup, Inc. , Rieke Packaging Systems, Frapak Packaging B.V. and Guala Dispensing S.p.A. Recent Developments made in this sector are:
- September 2020: Japan-based Kao Corporation developed the Raku-raku Switch, which dispenses a fixed amount of liquid contents with one light push. This packaging design reduces plastic use by approximately 50% compared with plastic bottles with a pump dispenser.
- March 2020: US-based Aptar created the world’s first certified recycled plastic beauty packaging that is certified by the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) and is used in the relaunch of REN Clean Skincare’s moisturizer, EVERCALM Global Protection Day Cream. This plastic is compliant for use as packaging for both food and cosmetics.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Assesment of Covid-19 on the Market
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Trend of Premium Products
4.3.2 Improved Efficiency and Eco-Friendliness
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Manufacturing Cost
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Lotion And Cream Pumps
5.1.2 Spray And Trigger Pumps
5.1.3 Aerosol Caps
5.1.4 Valve Closures
5.1.5 Push-pull Closures
5.1.6 Other Dispensing Closures
5.2 End-user Application
5.2.3 Beauty And Personal Care
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6.1.1 Silgan Dispensing Systems
6.1.2 AptarGroup, Inc
6.1.3 Rieke Packaging Systems
6.1.4 Frapak Packaging B.V.
6.1.5 Guala Dispensing S.p.A.
6.1.6 Mitani Valve Co. Ltd.
6.1.7 Raepak Ltd.
6.1.8 Taplast Srl
6.1.9 Zhejiang Sun-Rain Industrial Co., Ltd
6.1.10 Wuxi Sunmart Science and Technology Co., Ltd.