High-pressure separators are applied throughout the oil and gas value chain including offshore and onshore production. A high-pressure oil and gas separator used for separating oil, gas, and water from the total fluid stream produced by a crude oil producing well are usually greater than, 500 psi. The high pressure oil and gas separator market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 1% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Growth in unconventional oil and gas resources, particularly shale gas reserves are expected to drive the market for high pressure oil and gas separators. Moreover, the installation of off-site and on-site processing facilities is also expected to boost the demand for high pressure oil and gas separators. However, tumbling global crude oil prices and unpredictability of the oil and gas industry has led to a reduction in exploration, drilling, and production activities. In addition, huge cuts in the capital budget of E&P companies coupled with the emergence of non-conventional and renewable sources of energy are other factors anticipated to hamper the market growth over the forecast period.
- The onshore segment is expected to dominate in the high pressure oil and gas separator market during the forecast period.
- Oil and gas separator manufacturers are conducting R&D activities to reduce the equipment cost and increase efficiency. Therefore technological advancement in the components of oil and gas separators is likely to provide an opportunity in market in the future.
- North America expected to dominate in the high pressure oil and gas separator market during the forecast period owing to the rise in oil & gas activities in the region.
Key Market Trends
Onshore Segment to Dominate the Market
- Onshore refers to the development of oil fields, gas deposits, and geothermal energy on land which calls for the demand for rigs and related E&P equipment, including high-pressure separators.
- The onshore segment is expected to dominate owing to the number of onshore rigs operational across the globe. According to Baker Hughes, the onshore rig count holds a value of 610 whereas offshore rig count holds a value of 195 as of May 2020.
- Based on vessel type, the horizontal vessel segment has the largest share since these vessels can handle large volumes under high pressures, and major countries such as United States, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and Canada have a high demand for them.
- Based on product type, high pressure separators can be categorized into two-phase, three-phase and four-phase, wherein the two-phase type typically deals with oil and gas, the three-phase type deals with water, oil and gas and four phase-type deals with water, oil, gas, and solid.
North America is Expected to Dominate in the Market
- In terms of geography, North America accounts for the significant market share among all other regions in the high pressure oil and gas separator market and is expected to dominate over the coming years. The market for high pressure oil and gas separators is on the rise, mainly in the United States, due to the discovery of multiple reservoirs of shale oil and gas and rising offshore exploration activities in the region.
- Since the number of conventional deposits is decreasing, crude oil is increasingly being extracted from unconventional deposits such as oil sands or oil shale. There are large amounts of unconventional hydrocarbon reserves in regions of North America, especially in countries like the United States, and Canada.
- In 2019, the crude oil and condensate production has reached 18620 thousand barrels per day with a growth rate of 6.9% which is expected to boost the market owing to the significant increase in oil and gas activities across the region.
- Unconventional onshore gas is expected to retain an important share of gas supply in North America with production increasing towards 2025 which is likely to boost up the demand for high pressure oil and gas separators.
The high pressure oil and gas separator market is moderately consolidated. Some of the major players in the market include Schlumberger Limited, Sulzer Ltd., TechnipFMC plc, Frames Group BV, and Exterran Corporation.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Two-Phase Separator
5.1.2 Three-Phase Separator
5.1.3 Four-Phase Separator
5.2 Vessel Type
5.3 Location of Deployment
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Schlumberger Limited
6.3.2 Sulzer Ltd.
6.3.3 TechnipFMC plc
6.3.4 Frames Group BV
6.3.5 Exterran Corporation
6.3.6 Halliburton Company
6.3.7 ENCE GmbH
6.3.8 HydroFlo Tech LLC.
6.3.9 Energy Weldfab, Inc.
6.3.10 R&H Technical Sales, Inc.