The Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market is expected to rise at a CAGR of approximately 4% during the forecast period of 2020-2025. Factors such as increasing demand from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries along with the increasing demand for water treatment are likely to drive the Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market. However, the high cost of centrifuges, along with limited centrifuge use among end-users with a limited budget, is expected to restrain the Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market.
- Due to increasing water consumption and treating it before disposal for the sake of the environment, the water and wastewater treatment segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment for the Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
- An increase in the demand for more efficient centrifuges and reducing cost and increasing profitability has caused manufacturers of centrifuges to address the energy efficiency problems by adopting various techniques in new centrifuges and upgrading the existing industrial centrifuges installed in facilities. These developments are likely to create several opportunities for the Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market in the future.
- Due to its increasing industrialization and urbanization, China is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market.
Key Market Trends
Water and Wastewater Treatment Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market Segment
- An industrial centrifuge is a machine used for fluid or particle separation. Centrifuges rely on centrifugal force, generating several hundred or thousands of times earth's gravity. Centrifuges have a widespread application in the treatment of wastewater produced by the automotive industry (soluble oils), steel mills, and agri-food industries. The application also extends to the separation of sludge-laden suspensions that have high oil content.
- The water usage during the global pandemic of COVID-19 has exponentially increased. Such growth in the water increase for proper sanitization is expected to cause an increase in its treatment and is likely to drive the industrial centrifuge market for the water and wastewater treatment management system.
- After the production separation of crude oil, natural gas and water are done in the oil and gas industry. A strict government regulation to dispose of water after treatment is likely to drive the Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market. In 2019, the total crude oil refining capacity in the region was 35518 thousand barrels per day (TBPD), which was higher than the production of 2018, 34729 TBPD. The increase in crude oil refining is also likely to increase in the wastewater or leftover water, which uses industrial centrifuge for its treatment.
- In 2019, Delhi Jal Board, the authority in charge of water management in New Delhi, has awarded SUEZ the contract to build and operate a wastewater treatment plant with a capacity of 564,000 cubic meters per day at Okhla, South of New Delhi, for a value of EUR 145 million. The contract provides for a three-and-a-half-year design and construction phase of the plant, followed by an eleven-year operation and maintenance phase. The project is funded by 81% by the Central Government and 19% by Delhi Government.
- Hence, owing to the above points, the water and wastewater treatment segment is likely going to be the fastest-growing market for the Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
China Expected to Dominate the Market
- China is one of the largest markets for industrial centrifuges in the region. The presence of a wide range of domestic manufacturing and processing industries, such as chemical, oil and gas, mining, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries, has augmented the demand for industrial compressors over the past several years.
- China is the world's second-largest pharmaceutical market just after the United States. The country's pharmaceutical market has seen significant growth in recent years, powered by the manufacturing of generic medicines.
- In 2019, China’s share of primary energy consumption was approximately 55% of the total energy consumption of Asia-Pacific. The country's increasing share of power consumption is directly going to affect power. With its increasing population, it is also going to boost up the food and beverage sector, which are expected to drive the country's industrial centrifuge market.
- In 2019, B&P Littleford LLC and China’s Shenghong Refining & Chemical (Lianyungang) Co., Ltd. signed an agreement for the supply of forty-four pusher centrifuges for the integrated refining and chemical project to produce paraxylene feed to its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant. With the continued growing demand for paraxylene, the planned expansion will allow Shenghong to better serve the worldwide market, with an increased production capacity of paraxylene, which is likely to have a positive impact on the country's industrial centrifuges market.
- Hence, owing to the above points, China is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific industrial centrifuge market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market includeAlfa Laval AB, Andritz AG, GEA Group AG, TOMOE Engineering Co., Ltd., and Flottweg SE.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.2.1 Horizontal Centrifuge
5.2.2 Vertical Centrifuge
5.3 Operation Mode
5.4.1 Food and Beverage
5.4.3 Water and Wastewater Treatment
5.4.5 Metal and Mining
5.4.7 Pulp and Paper
5.5.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Alfa Laval AB
6.3.2 Andritz AG
6.3.3 Hiller Separation & Process GmbH
6.3.4 GEA Group AG
6.3.5 KUBOTA Corporation
6.3.6 TOMOE Engineering Co., Ltd.
6.3.7 Ace Industries India Pvt Ltd
6.3.8 Flottweg SE
6.3.9 Jiangsu Huada Centrifuge Co., Ltd.