Saudi Arabia fruit concentrate market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.15% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Consumers in the Saudi Arabia are more inclined toward a carbohydrate-rich diet. However, they are gradually shifting to a vitamin, mineral, and fiber-rich diet. This change is expected to augment the demand for fruit concentrate in the diverse food and beverage industries during the forecast period.
- Beverage is the leading application in the market for fruit concentrates, like powders, purees, and juices. The dairy industry uses concentrated fruit powder in products, such as yogurt, ice cream, desserts, and other fermented products, to enrich their nutritional content.
- Fruit concentrates are witnessing an increasing application as substitutes for sugar in the bakery and confectionery sector, due to the changing consumer trends and food preferences. Fruit concentrates are perceived as healthy ingredients to refined white sugar in baking recipes. This is one of the major factors that is strongly augmenting the sales of fruit concentrates.
Key Market Trends
Resurgence for Natural Sweetener, Colorant, and Flavor Additives Demand
Saudi Arabia has benefited from excise taxes imposed on carbonated and energy drinks in 2017. Thus, more functional food and drinks are popping up, while consumer above the age of 45 years prefer juices with no added sugar, 100% juice content, and with vitamins and minerals. On other hand, consumers over 65 years have increased by 88.59% since 2000, paying way for fruit concentrate as a major ingredient in their manufacturing process. Additionally, regulatory changes in the declaration of synthetic colorants are shaking the food industry, as of 1 January 2017, the government announced that all foods and beverages containing the colorants Allura Red AC (INS 129), Sunset Yellow (INS 110), Azorubine/Carmosine (INS 122), or Tartrazine (INS 102) would contain on-pack labeling/warning statement. Thus, to impart competitiveness, manufacturers were replacing synthetic dyes with natural solutions, such as coloring foods, and it includes concentrates made exclusively from fruits and vegetables.
Tropical Fruits Dominates the Market Share
Among fruit concentrates, tropical fruits top the list, with a higher share mostly relatable to consumer inclination and growing preference for tropical flavors. Thus, fruits such as mangoes are high in demand, and the country currently has a capacity of over 106 million liter of mango juice production. The year-round demand for tropical fruits across segments, such as beverages and frozen desserts, is rarely met due to the seasonal limit in global production, as well as a change in demand-supply gap. In such cases, tropical fruit concentrates manage to bridge the gap, while ensuring that the vitamins and minerals added to the packaged products remain intact. Fruit flavored cakes are becoming popular among Saudi nationals, mostly among the children. Additionally, the inclusion of topical concentrates to bakery products has gained momentum over the past years. Similarly, concentrated form of tropical fruits in beverages may require better brands with functional and healthful positioning, which may enable more sales through supermarkets and c-chain stores in the Kingdom.
The Saudi Arabian fruit concentrate market is fragmented, with many local and international players competing for the market share. The market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, owing to the adoption of various marketing strategies, such as the expansion of production and distribution network and increasing acquisition and mergers, to broaden their customer base. Agrana Beteiligungs AG and Dohler Group are some of the major companies operating in the market. Agrana Beteiligungs AG is the most dynamic participant in the market. The company has been involved in acquiring the fruit processing companies, thus expanding its product offerings as well as production facilities in this region.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.1 Citrus Fruit
5.1.2 Red Fruit and Berries
5.1.3 Tropical Fruits
5.1.4 Other Fruit Types
5.2 By Application
5.2.2 Bakery and Confectionery
5.2.3 Dairy and Frozen Desserts
5.2.4 Other Applications
6.2 Market Positioning Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 The Agrana Group
6.3.3 Kerry Group PLC
6.3.4 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.3.5 China Haisheng Juice Holdings Co. Ltd
6.3.6 Symrise AG
6.3.7 Ingredion Incorporated
6.3.8 Tate & Lyle PLC