This latest update of this series of reports contains the most recent comprehensive statistical data, information and insight into the global textile and clothing trade. The report identifies key trends, it includes information on textile and clothing deficits and surpluses, and it analyses the trade activities of the world's leading textile and clothing exporting and importing countries and regions. The report presents a wealth of information and it is essential for anyone involved in buying or sourcing textiles and clothing. World textile and clothing trade increased sharply to a record high of US$889 bn in 2021.
The world’s biggest exporter of textiles in 2021 was China, followed by the EU and India. China was also the world's biggest exporter of clothing, followed by the EU and Bangladesh. Meanwhile, the EU was the world's biggest importer of textiles, followed by the USA, and it was the world’s biggest importer of clothing, followed by the USA, Japan and the UK.
Who should buy this report?
- Manufacturers of fibres, textiles, clothing and chemicals
- Textile and clothing machinery manufacturers - spinning, weaving, knitting, sewing and import/export
- Textile and clothing brands and retailers like Adidas, H&M etc.
- Educational institutions like universities, fashion schools etc.
- Business consultancy firms
- Textile and clothing trade associations
- Government trade bodies
Table of Contents
- Textiles and clothing
- Leading textile exporters
- Leading textile importers
- Leading clothing exporters
- Leading clothing importers
Table 2: US textile and clothing trade, 2010-21
Table 3: Textile and clothing trade balances, selected countries, 2010-21
Table 4: The world’s leading exporters and importers of textiles, 2000-21
Table 5: The world’s leading exporters and importers of clothing, 2000-21
Table 6: Trends in exchange rates against the US dollar: selected countries and the EU, 2016-26
Table 7: Trade in textiles and clothing for selected economies, 1990-2021