CSPs are utilizing mergers and acquisitions to develop new products & services, operations, capabilities, reach new customer segments, and enter new markets. In addition, M&A can unlock new revenue stream opportunities for telcos and technology companies.
- The first section of the report analyzes global and regional M&A activity in the telecoms, media and technology (TMT) sector, by transaction value and theme/service area - e.g., connectivity, cybersecurity, cloud, and IoT; and discusses COVID-19’s impact on the TMT M&A market.
- Then, we examine CSP horizontal and non-horizontal activity that has taken place in the Americas over the past year. Details on the type of deals, transaction values, the sectors and service areas of the companies involved are provided. Moreover, we analyze the rationale driving the M&A deals and how these support the growth and synergy ambitions for the involved parties.
- The report concludes with three case studies of CSP M&A deals, their rationale, future strategies and expected benefits.
- Different forces have been driving communication service provider (CSP) horizontal M&A activity in the Americas in the period October 2020 to October 2021.
- Several non-horizontal acquisitions have been made in North America by CSPs to help build their digital ecosystems.
- In the 12-month period which was reviewed, no CSP non-horizontal M&A was discerned in Latin America.
Reasons to Buy
- This Insider Report provides a detailed examination of CSP M&A activity and trends in the Americas in a concise analytical format.
- The report describes a number of CSP M&A deals over the past 12 months and analyzes the driving rationale behind these M&A.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, with charts and tables boasting presentation quality.
Table of Contents
- List of Exhibits
- Executive Summary/Key Findings
- Global TMT M&A Activity
- Global TMT Deals Activity Evolution by Sector
- Global TMT Deals Activity by Theme
- CSP M&A Activity in the Americas
- CSP Horizontal M&A: Overview
- CSP Horizontal M&A: Rationale
- CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: Acquired Business Details and Rationale
- Case Studies
- CSP Horizontal M&A: Case Study - AT&T and Discovery Inc
- CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: Case Study - Verizon and incubed IT
- CSP Horizontal M&A: Case Study - Oi
- Acronyms and Definitions
- Companies Mentioned
- Related Research
- About The Publisher
- Contact Information
List of Figures
- EXHIBIT 1: GLOBAL TMT M&A DEAL VALUE BY SECTOR, H1 2020 - H1 2021, $bn
- EXHIBIT 2: GLOBAL TMT M&A DEAL VALUE SPLIT BY KEY THEME, H1 2021
- EXHIBIT 3: SELECT CSP HORIZONTAL M&A ACTIVITY IN THE AMERICAS, OCT 2020 TO OCT 2021
- EXHIBIT 4: SELECT CSP HORIZONTAL M&A IN NORTH AMERICA, OCT 2020 TO OCT 2021: RATIONALE
- EXHIBIT 5: SELECT CSP HORIZONTAL M&A IN LATAM, OCT 2020 TO OCT 2021: RATIONALE
- EXHIBIT 6: CSP NON-HORIZONTAL M&A TRANSACTIONS, OCT 2020 TO OCT 2021
- EXHIBIT 7: AT&T’S WARNERMEDIA & DISCOVERY MERGER - TRANSACTION SUMMARY
- EXHIBIT 8: incubed IT’S AMR SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS SUPPORTING MANUFACTORING PROCESSES
- EXHIBIT 9: OI’S STRATEGIC PLAN, ‘NEW OI’ 2022-2024
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Atlantic Broadband
- BCE (Bell)
- BTG Pactual
- Cable & Wireless
- incubed IT
- Rogers Communications
- Shaw Communications Inc.
- Warner Bros.
- Warner Bros. Discovery
- Wide Open West (Wow!)