1h Free Analyst TimeThe ‘Communications Service Provider M&A in Europe - Key Trends and Insights’ Insider Report provides an overview of the European Communications Service Provider (CSP) M&A market, covering both horizontal and non-horizontal CSP deals. It analyzes CSP M&A activity in the region, its key sectors, themes/service areas, trends, underlying drivers, and future strategies.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
'The telecommunications industry is being transformed by M&A activity. CSPs are utilizing mergers and acquisitions to develop new products & services, operations, capabilities, reach new customer segments, and enter new markets. In addition, M&A can unlock new revenue stream opportunities for telcos and technology companies.
The Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Executive Summary / Key Findings: the Insider Report begins with a summary of the major trends and key findings shaping the AME CSP M&A market.
- CSP Global M&A Activity: analyzes the global M&A activity in the TMT sector, by transaction volume and theme/service area - e.g., software and services, Internet and media, hardware, and telecoms services, and discusses COVID-19’s impact on the TMT M&A market.
- CSP M&A Activity in Europe - CSP Horizontal M&A: this section provides a number of CSP horizontal M&A examples that have taken place in the European region over the past two years. Analysis is provided on the type of deals, transaction values, the sectors and service areas of the companies involved, as well as the rationale driving the M&A.
- CSP M&A Activity in Europe - CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: this section provides a series of CSP non-horizontal M&A examples that have taken place in the European region over the past two years. Details on the type of deals, transaction values, the sectors and service areas of the companies involved are provided. Moreover, we analyze the rationale driving the M&A deals and how these support growth and synergy ambitions for the involved parties.
- Case studies: three case studies of CSP non-horizontal M&A deals are provided, with an analysis of their driving rationale, future strategies, and expected benefits.
- CSPs are leveraging M&A to enhance their internal and external capabilities, products, and services. These represent new revenue streams for CSPs and an opportunity to expand beyond the core by servicing the burgeoning enterprise market.
- Non-horizontal CSP M&A in Europe has covered the DC, cloud, M2M/IoT, analytics, and cybersecurity segments
- Horizontal M&A activity has been robust between CSPs in Europe in the last few years, with convergence-induced M&A, and expansion of fixed broadband footprint and market shares as key drivers.
Reasons to Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive and detailed examination of CSP M&A activity and trends in Europe in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- The report describes a number of CSP M&A deals over the past 12-24 months, analyzes the driving rationale behind the M&A, CSPs related growth strategies and intended benefits.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, with charts and tables boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, communication service providers, and other telecom & technology industry players better position to seize growth opportunities in Europe's evolving M&A market.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary / Key Findings
- Global TMT M&A Activity
- CSP Activity in Europe
- CSP Horizontal M&A: Overview
- CSP Horizontal M&A: Rationale
- CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: Overview
- CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: Acquired Business Details
- CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: Rationale
- Case Studies
- CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: Case Study Telefonica Tech
- CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: Case Study MTS Russia
- CSP Non-Horizontal M&A: Case Study Elisa
- Acronyms and Definitions
- Companies Mentioned
- Related Research
- About The Publisher
- Contact Information
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Deutsche Telekom
- GDTs Energy Group
- Green Dot
- KNL Network
- Liberty Global
- MTS Russia
- Polystar OSIX
- Telefonica Tech
- UPC Poland
- Virgin Media