The French HNW segment is characterized by a growing proportion of family business owners. A diversified market such as this requires wealth management services focused on HNW inheritor and earned income populations. French HNW investors have mainly sourced their wealth from earned income and entrepreneurship. While the largest chunk of HNW wealth is held via advisory mandates, demand for robo-advice is forecast to rise.
This report sizes the opportunity that the French wealth market offers and analyzes the investing preferences, service requirements, and portfolio allocations of French HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
- Expats constitute 13.8% of the local HNW population. They represent an attractive target market thanks to their more complex service requirements.
- Robo-advice accounts for just 4.5% of the French HNW portfolio. The market for robo-advisory services is at a very nascent stage of development in the HNW space in France, with a limited number of wealth managers offering this service.
- French HNW individuals spread their investments in line with the European average, with bonds, equities, and property dominating.
- The average French HNW investor offshores 42.5% of their wealth abroad. This proportion is expected to strongly increase over the next 12 months, indicating indicates that many HNW investors are uncertain about the country’s economic recovery and are willing to look for investment avenues in other markets.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
- Enhance your marketing strategies and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors’ asset management style preferences.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match the current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match the demand expressed by French HNW investors and react proactively to forecast changes in demand.
Table of Contents
- Investment Style Preferences
- Asset Allocation Preferences
- Offshore Investment Preferences
- Products and Services
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: