In the competitive landscape of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) digital marketing, it's essential to stay ahead of trends in website traffic, engagement, and source. Through a comprehensive examination of branded websites for patients and healthcare professionals (HCPs), unbranded websites, and social media accounts, this market research report offers decisive insights into the key digital marketing metrics of pharma assets in the RA sector. These metrics include digital display advertising (DDA), paid search engine optimization (SEO), and patterns of social media post interaction.
By purchasing this research report, you'll gain an understanding of the tactics being deployed by pharmaceutical companies to drive traffic to their branded and unbranded RA assets. This exploration includes a unique view of leading patient and HCP branded assets across multiple regions. Moreover, the report does not merely analyze source data but proffers a comparative perspective on how different branded assets address and support patient needs. The high interaction rates achieved by various pharmaceutical social media accounts, including those in the RA sector, are also systematically presented to provide actionable insights for leaders and decision-makers in the industry.
Amgen's Enbrelpro.com achieved the highest traffic across branded RA HCP sites in the US, with approximately 513,000 visits between February 2022 and January 2023. This was followed by Rinvoqhcp.com, with more than 250,000 visits. For DDA, Amgen spent the most on Enbrelpro.com at approximately $244,000. No notable DDA was detected for other HCP sites. Humirapro.com was supported by the most paid SEO at over 5,135 keywords, followed by Enbrelpro.com (3,685) and Rinvoqhcp.com (1,489).
AbbVie's RA.com had the highest traffic of all unbranded RA sites in the US, with over 185,000 visitors from February 2022 to January 2023. The highest proportion of traffic to unbranded RA websites in the US originated from direct search, followed by organic and referral traffic. Amgen spent approximately $9,500 on DDA for its Amgeninflammation.com and invested in 9,610 paid SEO keywords. No notable DDA and SEO was detected for other unbranded RA sites in the US.
Between February 2022 and January 2023, 36 social media posts related to RA were detected from pharma companies in the US, including Janssen, Amgen, Eli Lilly, and Bristol Myers Squibb. The post with the highest interaction (2.2%) was from Eli Lilly's Medical Twitter account highlighting the differences between RA and psoriatic arthritis and the issue of using combination therapy.
AbbVie-care.de in Germany achieved the highest total traffic across branded RA patient sites in EUCAN, with over 700,000 visitors from February 2022 to January 2023. This was followed by Novartis's Ratgeber-rheuma.de (over 220,000 visits).
Roche's Rhumatismes.net in France had the highest total traffic across RA unbranded sites in EUCAN, with approximately 552,000 visitors between February 2022 and January 2023. This was followed by Pfizer's Hilfefuermich.de (333,000 visitors) and Roche's Rheumahelden.de (50,000 visitors). The highest proportion of traffic originated from organic traffic, followed by direct search and social traffic. Eli Lilly's Lillyrhumatologie.fr had the highest proportion of organic traffic (91%), while Pfizer's Hilfefuermich.de had the most direct traffic (60%).
Between February 2022 and January 2023, approximately 120 social media posts related to RA were detected from pharma companies in EUCAN, including Sanofi, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Merck & Co., and AbbVie. The post with the highest interaction (5.3%) was from the AbbVie España Instagram account, which on World Rheumatic Diseases Day 2022 raised awareness of the impact of RA in Spain.
- This report assesses key digital marketing metrics of pharma assets in rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including branded websites for patients and healthcare professionals (HCPs), unbranded websites, and social media accounts
- Metrics include website traffic volume, engagement, and source, digital display advertising (DDA), paid search engine optimization (SEO), and social media post interaction. Countries include the US, 4EU (Italy, France, Germany, and Spain), the UK, and Canada (EUCAN)
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the digital marketing competitive landscape in RA, with a view of leading patient and HCP branded assets across different regions
- See what tactics pharma companies are using to drive traffic to their RA branded and unbranded assets for patient and HCPs, such as DDA and paid SEO
- Understand what sources of website traffic are generating the most visits to these assets, such as paid SEO, social media, or organic searches
- Compare top branded assets for patients by how they address and support different patient needs
- See what pharma social media accounts in RA are the most active and achieving the most engagement
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- US Patient Branded Websites
- US HCP Branded Websites
- US Unbranded Websites
- US Social Media
- EUCAN Branded Websites
- EUCAN Unbranded Websites
- EUCAN Social Media
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Eli Lilly
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Merck & Co