Advancement of technology has made needle-free procedures possible, thus boosting the rate of adoption of laser treatments. Young population also opts for cosmetic procedures as preventive measures for and to slow down the aging process.
Companies operating in this market are making huge investments in the research and development of new products and holding patents. For instance, in 2014, Cutera (provider of energy-based medical Aesthetic technologies) invested USD 10.5 million for pure research purposes and holds 34 patents along with5 patent applications in the pipeline.
Stringent regulations for cosmetic laser products are projected to ensure increased efficiency of the devices while treating the skin without any adverse effects. The manufacturers of laser devices have to comply with the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act in addition to radiation safety performance standards defined by the Federal Regulations.
In April 2016, Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. received the FDA approval for Microcyn-based Lasercyn Gel, intended for post-non-ablative laser therapy procedures management
Aesthetic Lasers Market Report Highlights
- Hair removal is the fourth most common minimally invasive procedure across the globe with approximately 1 million procedures done in the year 2011. It dominated the application segment in terms of number of procedures owing to the changing beliefs about beauty and lifestyle.
- Conventional hair removal methods are painful and temporary. Thus, using lasers for permanent hair removal proves to be efficient. Also, growing safety assurance results in more people opting for it. Almost 97% of people who have undergone the procedure report satisfactory outcomes.
- Laser skin resurfacing segment is expected to grow at a rapid rate over the forecast period. This is attributed to the fact that it reduces the signs of aging and improves skin texture, tone, & laxity. Furthermore, increasing innovation and technological advancements brought in by the market players are expected to propel the demand of the segment in the coming years.
- For instance, Sciton JOULE is an expandable platform that offers an unprecedented laser array and light wavelengths via any of its three distinct delivery modes that are broadband light, fiber, and arm, enabling practitioners with maximum versatility to perform surgical and Aesthetic procedures from a single platform. It is the first OptiPlex platform to accommodate the abovementioned three distinct delivery modes.
- Some incredible creative solutions have been prompted by the increasing demand for laser skin resurfacing. In 2010, Solta Medical (fractional resurfacing and noninvasive skin tightening pioneer) announced an FDA clearance of Fraxel restore Dual for treating actinic keratosis.
- North America dominated the market in 2015. It is due to the early acceptance of laser technology and growing awareness about lasers and their efficiency in treating all skin types.
- The prevalence of medical spas is very high in this region. In 2012, approximately 2,100 med spas were operative in the U.S., generating revenue of USD 1.94 billion per year. This number grew to USD 3.6 billion in 2016. Growing emphasis on beauty and attractiveness and its direct impact on success are expected to further increase the market share of the region.
- The industry is experiencing many mergers and acquisitions between competitors. In December 2014, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International acquired Solta Medical, Inc. for USD 236 million.
- In 2015, Mela Sciences acquired XTRAC and VTRAC laser and lamp systems from PhotoMedex, Inc. for USD 42.5 million. Moreover, the company was renamed Strata Skin Sciences.
This product will be delivered within 1-3 business days.
What is the estimated value of the Global Aesthetic Lasers Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Aesthetic Lasers Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Aesthetic Lasers Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Aesthetic Lasers Market?
|No. of Pages||110|
|Forecast Period||2022 - 2030|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD ||$ 1119.7 Million|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD ||$ 3825.3 Million|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||16.6%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||13|
Table of Contents
1.1.1 Region Wise Market: Base Estimates
1.1.2 Global Market: CAGR Calculation
1.2 Region-Based Segment Share Calculation
1.3 List of Secondary Sources
4.1.1 Market Driver Analysis
220.127.116.11 Increasing geriatric population
18.104.22.168 Growing awareness about safety of aesthetic lasers
22.214.171.124 Preference to noninvasive procedures
4.1.2 Market Restraint Analysis
126.96.36.199 Stringent safety regulations imposed by government
188.8.131.52 Abundance of counterfeit products
4.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
4.3 Aesthetic lasers-SWOT Analysis, by Factor (Political & Legal, Economic and Technological)
4.4 Industry Analysis-Porter’s
5.2 IPL Laser Treatment
5.2.1 IPL Laser Treatment Market, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
5.3 Laser Skin Resurfacing
5.3.1 Laser Skin Resurfacing Market, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
5.4 Noninvasive Tightening
5.4.1 Noninvasive Tightening Market, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
5.5 Laser-Assisted Lipoplasty
5.5.1 Laser-Assisted Lipoplasty Market, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
5.6 Laser Hair Removal
5.6.1 Laser Hair Removal Market, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
6.2 North America
6.2.1 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
184.108.40.206 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
220.127.116.11 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
6.3.1 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
18.104.22.168 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
22.214.171.124 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
126.96.36.199 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
6.4 Asia Pacific
6.4.1 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
188.8.131.52 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
184.108.40.206 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
220.127.116.11 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
6.5 Latin America
6.5.1 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
18.104.22.168 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
22.214.171.124 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
6.6 Middle East & Africa
6.6.1 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
6.6.2 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Market estimates and forecasts, by application, 2018-2030 (USD Million)
7.2 Company Profiles
188.8.131.52 Company Overview
184.108.40.206 Financial Performance
220.127.116.11 Product Benchmarking
18.104.22.168 Strategic Initiatives
22.214.171.124 Company Overview
126.96.36.199 Financial Performance
188.8.131.52 Product Benchmarking
184.108.40.206 Strategic Initiatives
7.2.3 Solta Medical Inc.
220.127.116.11 Company Overview
18.104.22.168 Financial Performance
22.214.171.124 Product Benchmarking
126.96.36.199 Strategic Initiatives
7.2.4 Cynosure, Inc
188.8.131.52 Company Overview
184.108.40.206 Financial Performance
220.127.116.11 Product Benchmarking
18.104.22.168 Strategic Initiatives
7.2.5 STRATA Skin Sciences
22.214.171.124 Company Overview
126.96.36.199 Financial Performance
188.8.131.52 Product Benchmarking
184.108.40.206 Strategic Initiatives
7.2.6 Syneron Medical Ltd.
220.127.116.11 Company Overview
18.104.22.168 Financial Performance
22.214.171.124 Product Benchmarking
126.96.36.199 Strategic Initiatives
188.8.131.52 Company Overview
184.108.40.206 Financial Performance
220.127.116.11 Product Benchmarking
18.104.22.168 Strategic Initiatives
22.214.171.124 Company Overview
126.96.36.199 Financial Performance
188.8.131.52 Product Benchmarking
184.108.40.206 Strategic Initiatives
220.127.116.11 Company Overview
18.104.22.168 Financial Performance
22.214.171.124 Product Benchmarking
126.96.36.199 Strategic Initiatives
7.2.10 Lynton Lasers
188.8.131.52 Company Overview
184.108.40.206 Financial Performance
220.127.116.11 Product Benchmarking
18.104.22.168 Strategic Initiatives
7.2.11 Sciton, Inc.
22.214.171.124 Company Overview
126.96.36.199 Financial Performance
188.8.131.52 Product Benchmarking
184.108.40.206 Strategic Initiatives
220.127.116.11 Company Overview
18.104.22.168 Financial Performance
22.214.171.124 Product Benchmarking
126.96.36.199 Strategic Initiatives
188.8.131.52 Company Overview
184.108.40.206 Financial Performance
220.127.116.11 Product Benchmarking
18.104.22.168 Strategic Initiatives
- Solta Medical Inc.
- Cynosure, Inc
- Strata Skin Sciences
- Syneron Medical Ltd.
- Lynton Lasers
- Sciton, Inc.