This report analyses the pre-owned and refurbished smartphone market both in global and regional terms. The value chain for these smartphones is a complicated one and this report simplifies the understanding of this chain by giving insights into benefits, pain points and need-gaps. The report tracks the volume of refurbished smartphones consumed, OEM market share, ASP (average selling price) trends and most-sold models, and provides volume forecasts and other market insights.
Market Beats Expectations, Grows 15% YoY
The global Refurbished smartphone market has grown 15% YoY. All regions and key countries have shown growth. Developed markets continue to mature and focus on sustainability initiatives like repair, eco-rating and e-waste management are key areas. Developing markets are growing at a faster rate, unorganized sections and geographies are active targets for Refurb ecosystem players. Supply is key to this growing demand. Ecosystem players, governments and consumer bodies are some of the main driving forces in the secondary smartphone markets.
This report is useful for the refurbished ecosystem players, OEMs, companies powering device trade-ins and insurance, smartphone component and accessories players, e-commerce companies, companies looking to enter the refurb market and any enterprise that wants to understand the global secondary smartphone market.
In this edition of the report, the author has also included insights on circular economy aspects like the repair markets, eco-rating and brand sustainability initiatives.
Table of Contents
- Research Methodology
- Industry Dynamics & Executive Summary
- Global Refurbished Smartphone Sales Volumes by Region, 2020 vs 2021
- Refurbished Smartphone Forecasts by Region, 2021 - 2024
- Global Pre-owned-to-Consumption Flow Chart
- Global Refurbished Smartphone Market Share by OEM, 2021
- Global Average Selling Prices (ASPs)
- Most Sold Models in Secondary Market by Region, 2021
- Right to Repair, Eco-rating and Sustainability Initiatives in 2021
- Regional Deep Dive:
- Refurbished Smartphone Channel Flow, 2021
- Refurbished Smartphone Sales by OEM, 2016-2021
- Refurbished Smartphone Volumes by Consumption Type (Domestic vs Imported), 2020-2021
- Commentary Slides on Market Dynamics