For patient branded sites, Gilead spent the most on DDA for Biktarvy.com at $20.5 million, followed by Gilead’s Descovy.com at $3.6 million and ViiV’s Dovato.com at $2.3 million. Descovy.com was supported by the most paid keywords at approximately 10,200 keywords, followed by Biktarvy.com at about 5,900 keywords.
For branded HCP sites in the US, Gilead’s Descovyhcp.com had the highest number of visits at approximately 250,000 visits, followed by Gilead’s Biktarvyhcp.com (198,500 visits) and ViiV’s Dovatohcp.com (184,000 visits). The highest proportion of traffic these sites originated from direct and organic sources. ViiV’s Rukobiahcp.com and Dovatohcp.com had the highest proportion of traffic from direct searches (66% and 61%, respectively). Gilead spent the most on DDA for Biktarvyhcp.com at approximately $212,000, followed by its Descovyhcp.com at approximately $67,000.
Between April 2021 and March 2022, the top 20 social media HIV posts by interaction from pharma were from Gilead COMPASS Initiative Twitter and Instagram, ViiV Healthcare’s Instagram, and Gilead Science’s Twitter. Gilead’s HIV Answers is the only app detected from pharma is the US and had an estimated 730 downloads in 2021.
Most branded websites in EUCAN are in Canada and are patient-directed. Few generated notable traffic between April 2021 and March 2022. Gilead’s Bitarvy.ca and Descovy.ca achieved the highest traffic, with about 52,000 visits and 27,000 visits, respectively.
Between April 2021 and March 2022, most of the top 20 social media HIV posts by interaction in EUCAN from pharma were from MSD Europe’s Twitter account. No HIV apps from pharma with notable downloads were detected in EUCAN.
- This report assesses key digital marketing metrics of pharma assets in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), including branded websites for patients and healthcare professionals (HCPs), mobile apps, and social media accounts
- Metrics include website traffic volume, engagement, and source, digital display advertising (DDA), paid search engine optimization (SEO), mobile app downloads, and social media post interaction
- Countries include the US, 4EU (Italy, France, Germany, and Spain), the UK, and Canada (EUCAN)
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the digital marketing competitive landscape in HIV, with a view of leading patient and HCP branded assets across different regions
- See what tactics pharma companies are using to drive traffic to their HIV branded assets for patient and HCPs, such as DDA and paid SEO
- Understand what sources of website traffic are generating the most visits to these assets, such as paid SEO, social media, or organic searches
- Compare top branded assets for patients by how they address and support different patient needs
- See what pharma social media accounts in HIV are the most active and achieving the most engagement
- See leading mobile app offerings in HIV from pharma across different regions
Table of ContentsExecutive Summary
- US Patient Branded Websites
- US HCP Branded Websites
- US Digital Display Advertising and Search Engine Optimization
- US Mobile Apps and Social Media
- EUCAN Branded Websites
- EUCAN Mobile Apps and Social Media
- About the Authors
- Contact the Publisher