- Supplementing industries and agri-businesses
- Increasing income of the workforce engaged both directly and indirectly in the agriculture sector.
- Improving the foreign exchange trade balance as agriculture products are essential exports
- The increased use of tractors in the power range of 50-100 HP is due to their ability to effectively carry out all tasks in the field, including soil preparation, irrigation, weeding, harvesting, and haulage. These farm tractors have the power to perform the required farming tasks and are also used in several other ways, such as operating generators for irrigation and running both companies and domestically made harvesters and threshers. The labor shortage and reducing agriculture production costs have triggered the demand for this segment in the Italian market.
- In terms of regions, North-East and North-West reportedly showed a higher share of agriculture tractors in 2021 than the country's other regions due to a higher level of mechanization.
- The region’s principal crops are wheat and rice, and these crops constitute 40% and 28%, respectively, of the total crop production. The Northeast region is one of the leading regions with high compact and medium HP tractors penetration.
- During the forecast period, the South region is expected to witness substantial growth in the agriculture tractors market at a CAGR of 5.03%, driven by the increasing number of landholdings caused due to land fragmentation.
- 50-100 HP tractors accounted for the largest share in the North-east region in 2021 due to their compact size and flexible operational capabilities. The demand for 50-100 HP is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
- Ease of driving and maneuverability during light loads and plain fields are significant factors boosting the demand for two-wheel-drive tractors. Older farmers majorly use 2WD tractors as they are skeptical about using new machines and are more comfortable with traditional 2WD tractors than 4WD tractors. Popular brands including CNH, John Deere, New Holland, and AGCO are the preferred choices among farmers in the 2WD segment in Italy. Italy has many medium-scale farmers, with a 7.9 ha/farm average farm size. For this reason, farmers prefer to own a medium HP range and cost-efficient tractors, which positively impacts the 2WD segment.
- Italy, a new frontier of innovation is emerging as agriculture meets digital technologies, opening various paths to an intelligent agricultural future. Smart agriculture will happen with the help of multiple technologies such as self-driving or autonomous tractors and GPS technology, among others. Self-driving or autonomous tractors can help farmers reduce working hours. However, there is a vast potential for data monitoring.
The export of tractors manufactured in Italy will witness growth as the prominent vendors adopt an export-centric approach to increase their net revenues. John Deere acquired the company “Beer Flag Robotics” in the year 2021 for $250 million to gain access to the advanced (autonomous driving technology) equipment market and expand to other countries by enhancing sales in Italy.
Segmentation by Horsepower
- Less than 50 HP
- 50-100 HP
- 101-150 HP
- 151-200 HP
- 201-300 HP
- 301-400 HP
- above 400 HP
Segmentation by Drive Type
- 2-Wheel Drive
- 4-Wheel Drive
Segmentation by Region
- The agriculture tractor market in Italy has the presence of established players in various segments, including open fields and vineyards. The threat to the existing vendors in the country from new vendors is relatively low due to the long replacement cycle of tractors and increasing demand for used and certified tractors.
- Vendors are improving their aftersales services, making customers loyal to the existing brands.
- Vendors have started to sell certified pre-owned tractors under their brand name; prices for such tractors are nearly half the price of a new tractor.
- The Italy tractor market is dominated by companies with a comprehensive portfolio of offerings for any usage.
- The key players in the Italy agriculture tractor market are CNH Industrial and SDF Group.
- In terms of units sold, CNH and SDF Group are the market leaders, accounting for more than 40% of the overall Italy agriculture tractors market in 2021.
- The report covers company ranking across product offerings by HP ranges
- CNH Industrial
- John Deere
Other Prominent Vendors
- Antonio Carraro
- Mahindra & Mahindra
This report is among the few in the market that offers an outlook and opportunity analysis forecast in terms of:
- Market Size & Forecast Volume (Units) 2019-2028
- Segmentation by Horsepower
- Segmentation by Wheel-Drive
- Segmentation by Regions (Federal States)
- Production and trade values
- Major current & upcoming projects & investments
- Gain competitive intelligence about the economic scenario, advantages in Italy, market dynamics, and market share
- Latest & innovative technologies
- Import & Export analysis
- COVID-19 impact analysis of the market
- Company Profile of primary and other prominent vendors
- Market share of major vendors
Table of Contents
4.2 Base Year
4.3 Scope of the Study
5.2 Currency Conversion
5.3 Market Derivation
7.2 Common Agricultural Policy & the European Union Agricultural Expenditure
7.3 Italy's Strategy for Food Security, Nutrition & Sustainable Agriculture
7.4 Cropping Intensity & Land Holding Structures
7.5 Foreign Direct Investment
7.6 Import & Export Analysis
7.7 Technological Advances
8.2 Market Size & Forecast
9.2 Market Overview
9.3 Less Than 50 Hp
9.4 50-100 Hp
9.5 101-150 Hp
9.6 151-200 Hp
9.7 201-300 Hp
9.8 301-400 Hp
9.9 Above 400 Hp
10.2 Market Overview
10.3 2-Wheel Drive
10.4 4-Wheel Drive
11.2 Market Overview
12.2 Increased Farm Mechanization
12.3 Use of Energy-Efficient Tractors
12.4 Use of Non-Conventional Fuels in Tractors
13.2 Increased Agricultural Productivity & Exports
13.3 Socio-Demographic Changes in Italy
14.2 High Demand for Used & Rental Tractors
14.3 Fluctuations in Commodity Prices
17.3 John Deere
18.2 Antonio Carraro
18.7 Mahindra & Mahindra
19.2 Key Takeaways
19.3 Strategic Recommendations
20.2 Drive Type
- CNH Industrial
- John Deere
- Antonio Carraro
- Mahindra & Mahindra
Our research comprises a mix of primary and secondary research. The secondary research sources that are typically referred to include, but are not limited to, company websites, annual reports, financial reports, company pipeline charts, broker reports, investor presentations and SEC filings, journals and conferences, internal proprietary databases, news articles, press releases, and webcasts specific to the companies operating in any given market.
Primary research involves email interactions with the industry participants across major geographies. The participants who typically take part in such a process include, but are not limited to, CEOs, VPs, business development managers, market intelligence managers, and national sales managers. We primarily rely on internal research work and internal databases that we have populated over the years. We cross-verify our secondary research findings with the primary respondents participating in the study.