In January 2021, Affirm acquired Canadian BNPL provider PayBright and started its operations in the country. With the popularity of BNPL in Australia, Affirm decided to enter the market in December 2021 and take on domestic BNPL provider Afterpay. However, in March 2023, Affirm closed its operations in Australia.
With over 16 million users and 246,000 merchant partners, the company offers both online and in-store payments and has become a strong alternative to credit cards as well as a key payment solution for people with limited access to traditional credit.
The report provides information and insights into Affirm including:
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance highlights
- The company's important events and milestones
- In July 2014, Affirm launched Split Pay, a service that lets online merchants offer BNPL at the POS.
- In November 2018, Affirm introduced retail discovery tool that shows consumers where to use Affirm.
- In August 2019, Affirm partnered with Verishop to offer BNPL options on its online shopping platform.
- In November 2020, Affirm partnered with Adyen to let Adyen’s merchants add Affirm as a payment option.
- In May 2022, Affirm and Fiserv partnered to make Affirm available to Fiserv enterprise merchant clients later in 2022.
- In September 2022, Amazon expanded partnership with Affirm to offer BNPL services in Canada.
- In April 2023, extended partnership with Stripe to offer BNPL services for Stripe customers in Canada.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Affirm's business operations and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and performance highlights.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
- Performance Highlights
- Products and Services
- Significant Events
- Supporting Merchants
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: