For patient branded sites, Eli Lilly spent the most on digital display advertising (DDA) for Trulicity at approximately $4.4 million, followed by BI/Eli Lilly’s Jardiance.com at approximately $1.7 million. Novo Nordisk's Ozempic.com was supported by the most paid keywords at 7,990 keywords, followed by Trulicity.com at 6,275 keywords.
For branded healthcare professional (HCP) sites in the US, AstraZeneca's Farxiga-hcp.com had the highest number of visits at approximately 560,000 visits, followed by Sanofi’s Toujeopro.com and Novo Nordisk's Ozempicpro.com. The highest proportion of traffic these sites originated from direct, referral, and organic sources. BI/Eli Lilly’s Jardiancehcp.com had the highest proportion of traffic from direct searches (45%), while Novo Nordisk’s Tresibapro.com had the highest proportion of traffic from referral sources (62%). AstraZeneca’s Bydureonhcp.com spent the most on DDA ($27,348) followed by its Farxiga-hcp.com ($10,019).
In the US, the top 10 T2D social media posts by interaction from pharma were from Novo Nordisk Live’s Twitter and global Facebook accounts. Roche’s MySugr app and Sanofi’s My Dose Coach app achieved the highest downloads from pharma in the US, with an estimated 1.8 million and 23,600 downloads, retrospectively.
Most branded websites in EUCAN are in Canada and are patient-directed. Few generated notable traffic between May 2021 and April 2022. Novo Nordisk's Ozempic.ca and Tresiba.ca achieved the highest traffic, with about 58,200 visits and 25,000 visits, respectively.
Between May 2021 and April 2022, most of the top 10 social media T2D posts by interaction in EUCAN from pharma were from Novo Nordisk’s France or Italian corporate Twitter accounts and Eli Lilly’s DIAry: Dein Alltag mit Diabetes Facebook account. Eli Lilly achieved the most downloads for its Trulicity Reminder UK app (176,000), followed by Novo Nordisk’s Ozempic App UK (158,000).
- This report assesses key digital marketing metrics of pharma assets inT2D, including branded websites for patients and HCPs, mobile apps, and social media accounts.
- Metrics include website traffic volume, engagement, and source, DDA, paid search engine optimization (SEO), mobile app downloads, and social media post interaction.
- Countries include the US, 4EU (Italy, France, Germany, and Spain), the UK, and Canada (EUCAN).
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the digital marketing competitive landscape in T2D, with a view of leading patient and HCP branded assets across different regions.
- See what tactics pharma companies are using to drive traffic to their T2D branded assets for patient and HCPs, such as DDA and paid SEO.
- Understand what sources of website traffic are generating the most visits to these assets, such as paid SEO, social media, or organic searches.
- Compare top branded assets for patients by how they address and support different patient needs.
- See what pharma social media accounts in T2D are the most active and achieving the most engagement.
- See leading mobile app offerings in T2D from pharma across different regions.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- US Patient Branded Websites
- US HCP Branded Websites
- US Digital Display Advertising and Search Engine Optimization
- US Mobile Apps and Social Media
- EUCAN Branded Websites
- EUCAN Mobile Apps and Social Media
- About the Authors
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Eli Lilly
- Novo Nordisk
- Merck & Co
- Boehringer Ingelheim