New Leader, New Leadership; a six-module course lasting a total of two and a half hours. Whether you are new to Leadership or in the role for some time this programme provides specific tools and techniques to help you face the challenges of today. You will learn about theories that are practical. It addresses your attitude and behaviours. It covers real life cases and issues. And it guides you through a planning process to gain practical benefit for you in your role as a Leader.
The Workbook will be used throughout the programme. It starts with a ‘self-analysis’ questionnaire that allows you to identify the top 10 Leadership Skills you require and rate your current performance in that skill area. There are real ‘case studies’, templates to complete on key Leadership and Management functions and techniques, Communication and Decision Making questionnaires, plus the essential Action Plan that prompts you to prepare for successful implementation of your learning.
The Participant File which is included, is a document containing extensive additional support material for the course. This will enhance and support the work you carry out in the Workbook. It reinforces content you will see on the video. It expands on and adds information on the various techniques, skills, theories and tools covered by Martin. It details all the visuals used on the programme. It also provides an extensive ‘Further Reading & References’ section - especially useful for those of you who favour reading and visual learning.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the role of the new Leader and the elements of New Leadership
- Use a range of key leadership skills to get the best out of yourself and your people
- The Leader’s job
- What is the role, what are the responsibilities and the skills? How are yours? How to make the transition from team member to team Leader? Do’s and Don’ts.
- The Functions
- P. O. L. C. Planning, Organising, Leading, Controlling.
- Setting SMART goals.
- Allocating work. Delegating responsibilities.
- Communicating for success
- “People who know how will always work for people who know why”, - providing the ‘why’ is well communicated. How good are you? Effective Listening.
- Theories and practice. Stand Ups. D5M’s. Lead by Example?
- Decision Making
- What is your style, what is the right style?
- Handling Performance
- Feedback & Coaching. Praise & Recognition. Problem Performance. Three key conversations for success as a Leader.
Martin Horan is an experienced Learning & Development Consultant. His aim is to help individuals be more successful and organisations be more effective.
He has carried out Leadership Development assignments in over 35 countries, in multiple sectors, with experience in Aviation, Academia, Financial Services, Hospitality, Construction & Public Services organisations. He has a personal background in Front-Line Customer Service, Leadership, Management and Academic Development among many others.
He has developed a reputation as a provider of Online Learning.
to view a variety of video clips and gain a taste for Martin’s inimitable style and approach.
Who Should Attend
This course is for you if you are newly promoted to a Leadership level. The course will also benefit those experienced in the role. Whether as Section Head, Department Manager or Team Leader you will gain specific insights, knowledge and skills.