The Brazilian payments landscape is still dominated by cash. The launch of the Pix system was designed to reduce cash use and drive competition in terms of the payment options available in the market.
The report provides information and insights into Pix including:
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance highlights
- In February 2020, Brazil’s central bank announced the details of a national instant payment platform called Pix set to go live in November 2020.
- In November 2020, the central bank officially launched Pix as scheduled.
- In June 2021, Ria Money Transfer collaborated with Banco Rendimento to launch support for Pix, facilitating instant Brazilian real transfers.
- In March 2022, international payment platform Paysend partnered with Banco Rendimento to facilitate instant fund transfers to Brazil via Pix.
- In March 2023, Pix partnered with cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase to allow its customers to trade in cryptocurrencies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Pix's business operations and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and performance highlights.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
- Performance Highlights
- Products and Services
- Significant Events
- Participating Banks
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Transferencias en Línea
- Sistema de Pagos Electrónicos Interbancarios