- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Australia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Australia will grow at a CAGR of 1.6% in terms of US$ during 2021-2026.
- Mobile data service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 3.8% over 2021-2026 driven by growing mobile Internet subscriptions and increasing consumption of 5G mobile data services on the back of ongoing efforts by operators to expand mobile network coverage.
- 4G was the country's leading technology to deliver mobile services in 2021
- The top three mobile operators, Telstra, Optus, and TPG Telecom, accounted for 93.9% of mobile subscriptions in 2021
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Australia's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Australia's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Australia's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Australia.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- TPG Telecom
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA)
- TPG Telecom