An analysis of TCIL's presence in online and offline travel, discussing key markets and growth strategies.
- Thomas Cook India concentrated on its brick-and-mortar operations, but since COVID the corporation has concentrated on attracting clients through its digital platforms as well. Thomas Cook India currently operates in 25 countries across five continents. In India, it has roughly 350 retail brick-and-mortar offices, including SOTC outlets.
- TCIL has had one of the greatest swings in the travel business, with net income growth hitting 13,644%in FY2018 and decreasing to -36,727.7%in FY2021.
- In the market, the corporation faces fierce competition from both domestic and international firms. International Travel House Ltd, MakeMyTrip Limited, Cleartrip Pvt Ltd, and Yatra Online Inc are the company's main competitors. Some of Thomas Cook's competitors have a large international presence, marketing and promotional activities, and financial backing, providing them a competitive advantage.
- This case study analyzes TCIL's success in the Indian travel market and the reasons for it. It also looks in detail at the company's M&A activity and growth strategies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an understanding of TCIL's business structure and timeline of operations.
- Gain an understanding of TCIL's financial information, including revenue, revenue breakdown, and profit.
- Gain an understanding of the impact of COVID-19 on TCIL.
- Gain an understanding of the company's domestic and international growth strategies, strategic investments, and partnerships as well as the company's investment in technology.
- Recognize the opportunities and threats facing by TCIL.
Table of Contents
- Main Findings
- Business Structure Of TCIL
- Timeline of TCIL
- Financial Information Of TCIL
- Covid-19’s Impact On TCIL
- India’s Travel Industry
- TCIL's Growth Strategies
- TCIL's Marketing Strategies
- Why TCIL is an industry leader in India’s travel spaceOpportunities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- International Travel House Ltd
- MakeMyTrip Limited
- Cleartrip Pvt Ltd
- Yatra Online Inc
- Thomas Cook
- Asian Trails
- Allied T Pro
- Australian Tours Management
- Desert Adventures
- Luxe Asia
- Kuoni Hong Kong
- Sterling Holiday Resorts Limited
- TC Forex
- Distant Frontiers
- TC Tours
- TC Visa
- Travel Circle International Limited
- Digiphoto Entertainment Imaging (DEI)
- Private Safaris East & South Africa